Heroscape Expansion Set: Dawn of Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Amazin' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mason J.
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
The shades are a great asset to any army.
When jotun is near, hit him with the shades and ke-mo-shi,
and if you roll right, He is now yours, four and a half stars

Zombies: Rock the morphs any day.
(Morphs = Marros (the ones that morph back, hence the name, in my parts.)) Kill, kill, die, MORPH, kill, die, MORPH, kill, kill, kil zombie get five stars

Drawf: Remiscient of Mcdirk.
And only 3 life so he is a sucider
BUt only 30 points hes cheap enough to add, without actually damaging your funds (points)
Three and a half stars

Gruts: What can i say about the gruts?
No longer the oh i only have 50 points left, Gruts!!!
They now can withstand more damage but can't move, and are worth more.
Four stars

Runa: Wow, Not a very good pick for tight areas huh?
Destroys many of the unwanted enemy hereos thou, if you stay alive, and noone without range is going to attack you, but you have to stay away from your melee guys and charge to be effective, or guard behind the castle door, but overall a great pick

Now all thats left for Heroscape to make are Pirates (Would be a Tener if i ever saw it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine von Hoffman
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate you (because you have them and I don't).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No doubt, Wave 6 is a winner!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get these? When will they be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some at Wal-Mart on 12/18/06. Although I did check two different Wal-Marts, a Target, and a Toys-R-Us before I found a set, so it doesn't appear that their distribution is too widespread at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found them at my small town walmart, but they wouldn't sell them to me, because they weren't in the system.

Damn them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, went backt to the walmart, they still didn't have all of them in the system, so I bought 1 of the Wave 5 boosters, told the lady the other 3 were the same, and she just scanned the Wave 5 one for all of them.

Score. The only one I didn't grab was the zombies, anyone know how good they are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sorrell
United States
Texas City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
been looking for these dang things all over houston and have yet to find a single set. 8 wally worlds, 4 tragets, and 2 TRU..... *grumble* they need to get at and ship a lot more out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaX01 wrote:
been looking for these dang things all over houston and have yet to find a single set. 8 wally worlds, 4 tragets, and 2 TRU..... *grumble* they need to get at and ship a lot more out.

Ouch. I live about 30 minutes from Houston myself (Hempstead), and they had 1 shipment down here. Try Katy Mills if you are close enough, I believe the Toys r Us down there had them when I went by (I had them already, I just got a Tundra set).

THe only set I don't have is the Zombies, and its only because I just don't really want them right now. They seem cool, but I just didn't have the heart to shell out 10 bucks for something I wasn't sure I wanted. I will probably pick them up in some bulk purchase later on though.

EDIT: Just noticed you were from Galveston. Not sure if Katy is in your permiter there, my bad. I have a friend that plays Heroscape and frequents inside Houston for R/C Hobby Shops, and scours some places for expansions while hes down there. I'll ask him if he knows any place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sorrell
United States
Texas City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon wrote:
OmegaX01 wrote:

Ouch. I live about 30 minutes from Houston myself (Hempstead), and they had 1 shipment down here. Try Katy Mills if you are close enough, I believe the Toys r Us down there had them when I went by (I had them already, I just got a Tundra set).

THe only set I don't have is the Zombies, and its only because I just don't really want them right now. They seem cool, but I just didn't have the heart to shell out 10 bucks for something I wasn't sure I wanted. I will probably pick them up in some bulk purchase later on though.

EDIT: Just noticed you were from Galveston. Not sure if Katy is in your permiter there, my bad. I have a friend that plays Heroscape and frequents inside Houston for R/C Hobby Shops, and scours some places for expansions while hes down there. I'll ask him if he knows any place.

Thanks for the help, I'm gona look again around the clear lake area tomarrow and all points in between since that's where I game on tuseday nights for my D&D fix. I have 2 of every expansion set 4 of all the terrain expansions and 6 core sets so when we do play we usually use almost all the sets and a good bit of the figures. (I got tired of people bitching about who got the dragon with the counter attack and such) course now every one is bitchin about who gets to use sir hawkthorn since I only could get 1 of him.
Been really thinking of bunping it up to 3 or 4 of every expansion just so you can use the old "e plurbous cannon fodder" and have a snot load of common squads that just swarm the enemies.... I meen your friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sorrell
United States
Texas City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did the normal hunting run again today. 4 wallyworlds, 3 targets, 2 TRU, and not 1 single expansion. (that really is starting to sound like the 12 days of heroscape) oh well, wait another week and hit em all again. *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaX01 wrote:
Weapon wrote:
OmegaX01 wrote:

Thanks for the help, I'm gona look again around the clear lake area tomarrow and all points in between since that's where I game on tuseday nights for my D&D fix. I have 2 of every expansion set 4 of all the terrain expansions and 6 core sets so when we do play we usually use almost all the sets and a good bit of the figures. (I got tired of people bitching about who got the dragon with the counter attack and such) course now every one is bitchin about who gets to use sir hawkthorn since I only could get 1 of him.
Been really thinking of bunping it up to 3 or 4 of every expansion just so you can use the old "e plurbous cannon fodder" and have a snot load of common squads that just swarm the enemies.... I meen your friends.

Man, I on;y got into it the beginning of last month, so Idon't have that much. I want more master sets, but I don't have the heart to buy them full price, so if I see them on sale, I'll grab some. All I have is the Tundra, 2 Big Hero expansion, Wave 5 and Wave 6. I want multiples of common squads and stuff, but I'll get to that when I actually have MONEY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sorrell
United States
Texas City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon wrote:
OmegaX01 wrote:
Weapon wrote:
OmegaX01 wrote:

Man, I on;y got into it the beginning of last month, so Idon't have that much. I want more master sets, but I don't have the heart to buy them full price, so if I see them on sale, I'll grab some. All I have is the Tundra, 2 Big Hero expansion, Wave 5 and Wave 6. I want multiples of common squads and stuff, but I'll get to that when I actually have MONEY

The wallyworld down here still had the onyx viper sets about 8 months or so ago when I first picked up the game. They were about 15 bucks cheeper than the sets without the vipers, so I grabed all 4 that they had and then I won an ebay auction for a "used" set of 2 master and all the regular expansions so I just couldn't pass it up. With any luck I'll be in a house this later this year and have a room dedicated to heroscape so I don't have to worry about a place to store it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The wallyworld down here still had the onyx viper sets about 8 months or so ago when I first picked up the game. They were about 15 bucks cheeper than the sets without the vipers, so I grabed all 4 that they had and then I won an ebay auction for a "used" set of 2 master and all the regular expansions so I just couldn't pass it up. With any luck I'll be in a house this later this year and have a room dedicated to heroscape so I don't have to worry about a place to store it.

They were doing the same thing here. The Wal-mart was selling five sets with the exclusive EOV for $25 while the newer sets without the EOV are selling for $40.

I bought all five sets from Wal-mart and sold the EOV sets (actually just four of them) on Ebay for $20 + S&H each. So, I got five complete Master sets for $45.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sorrell
United States
Texas City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the addiction grows...
well i thought i had heard the end of all of the "fucker, i wanted that one!" fights at my place having 2 of every non terrain expansion and 6 core armies but nope last night apprently 2 of my regular buddies had a very similar idea for armies and well the usual bitch fest insued about who got what figures. so now the quest starts all over again. it's amazing no one ever bitches about there not being enough common army cards/figures it's only the unique ones. at any rate i started looking for 3rd and 4th complete sets of all the expansions (minus the terrain ones) and broke down and ordered 4 of the complete wave 6 sets on line... (hum... 8 zombie hordes in one army... yea keep cloning that last marrow over and over i'll just keep zombing the new ones devil ) now if only hasbro would get at and put out a fresh batch of jandar's oath so i could shut everyone up and we could just play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mc
United States
Dunkirk
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Runa: Wow, Not a very good pick for tight areas huh?
Destroys many of the unwanted enemy hereos thou, if you stay alive, and noone without range is going to attack you, but you have to stay away from your melee guys and charge to be effective, or guard behind the castle door, but overall a great pick

A small point but I'm pretty sure Runa is vulnerable to both ranged and melee attacks like everyone else, so I don't fully understand the comment that "if you stay alive, and noone without range is going to attack you." I hope I am not missing a rule!

In three games so far with Wave 6 I have found Runa to be potentially over-valued, but honestly it depends upon how many 20s you can roll. If you put him in harm's way so that you can try to roll 20s, he won't last all that long with defense=3.

If you don't put him in harm's way, he isn't worth much as he has no range. In a weird map config he might be able to fly to an invulnerable point, or relatively invulnerable...as noted above in the castle example. In that case he is a great bargain at 120. But in a standard map game he can be taken down and probably before his 20s do much harm.

So I'd say this figure might be great in some scenarios, and wildly over-rated in others. In 300 point start scenarios the figures over 100 become very costly and probably aren't worth the hassle of trying to find under-100 combos to work with. In a 400 point game with rough terrain this guy is perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Elton
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Runa was a girl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hannibal twin 8 wrote:
I thought Runa was a girl.

She is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are finally starting to trickle into the local Target. I found one set of the archers and the shade packs. Somebody had already gotten to the zombies and unique heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.