Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BattleLore» Forums » General

Subject: Got mine - pre-ordered from FLGS - but no Hill Giant!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a call today that my preordered copy of Battlelore was in at my FLGS (YAY!) and I went to pick it up - but when they handed me the box, there was no Hill Giant! I asked, of course, and they said they had not received any.

Yikes!! Has this happened to anyone else? They said they will check with the distributor, and since it's Days of Wonder, I feel fairly confident that this will get resolved. But what's going on, do you think?

The only thing I can think of was if there was a minimum to order to get the Hill Giant? Some of you may recall that I had some trouble convincing my FLGS to pre-order this for me - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/132693 And the clerk tonight said they had only ordered four copies. Could that have had something to do with it?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd keep your receipt and email DoW about it. If your FLGS is flaky then you might want to make sure you get one but contacting direct. Maybe you can fax or mail DoW a copy of your receipt as proof. I'm sure there will be a ton of others with a similar problem since alot of these stores either don't know about the promo or just don't care to bother with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rachfal
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read somewhere that they had to order a quantity of 6. My FLGS did way back before they even knew the MSRP of the game -- sometime this summer. They were shocked at the MSRP of $70, but hidden behind the counter, they had received their Hill Giants. They happily gave me two when I pre-ordered two games -- at less than MSRP plus my "good" customer discount. Games supposed to be in tomorrow, but they are Christmas gifts, so there will still be a wait to play.

The days of wonder web site (blog.battlelore.com/en)does say this:

The Hill Giant is available to anyone who pre-orders the game from a FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store). As of this writing, all participating stores should have received their figures, and be able to hand them out as pre-orders are placed. If your FLGS does not have any Hill Giant in stock, they should contact their regular game distributor. If your store or their distributor has already run out of their initial allocation, no worry - They will be able to get additional Hill Giants in sufficient quantities to fulfill all of their pre-orders on hand, when the game finally ships.

So... I would go back to your FLGS and pester them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ACK!! Don't tell me this Denise...I'm supposed to pick mine up from the same FLGS this week! If there is no Hill Giant, I'll skip it and order the game online.

I'll ask about this though and let you know what I learn too. I'll be severely disappointed if we miss out on this giant though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Robbins
United States
Northbridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also ordered from the Days of Wonder website on the very first day you could and I still have not got a shipping confirmation. I did get my confirmation of my order but no shipping confirmation. I would have expected it to ship Mon or Tues since Days of Wonder said beginning of the week. Anyone out there that ordered from the DOW website get a shipping confirm yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
FLGS should contact their distributor to ask for the Hill Giants. My FLGS thought the HG would be "attached" and shipped with the game. I had them contact their distributor. Lo and behold, a few days later, I had my Hill Giant in hand - now I just need to pick up the game when I have time this week.

As far as I know - no "minimum" order was set by DoW for preOrders and Hill Giants. That might be something added by a distributor. If so, DoW might be interested to hear about that (if confirmed).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John (Jay) Gettel
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered Battlelore last week from a local comic store.

They don't carry many boardgames but do sell heroclix.

Today, one week later I stopped in and they had my copy of Battelore and the Hill Giant. They sold it to me for $60.

They have another copy if someone is near Flint, MI.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Denise,

Your reseller should be able to get the HG for you from their distributor (they should have already received it, as a matter of fact). If they don't/can't, please contact us and we will fix it.

best,
Eric @ DoW
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich wrote:
Denise,

Your reseller should be able to get the HG for you from their distributor (they should have already received it, as a matter of fact). If they don't/can't, please contact us and we will fix it.

best,
Eric @ DoW


Thank you!! I am blown away, you guys are amazing
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I also ordered from the Days of Wonder website on the very first day you could and I still have not got a shipping confirmation. I did get my confirmation of my order but no shipping confirmation. I would have expected it to ship Mon or Tues since Days of Wonder said beginning of the week. Anyone out there that ordered from the DOW website get a shipping confirm yet?
I pre-ordered from the DOW website and received the hill giant several weeks ago. The game came yesterday packed in the box was the earth elemental. Haven't opened the box as I've been at a couple team building events this week, but hope to tomorrow night.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Cote
United States
Central Village
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jayr13 wrote:
I also ordered from the Days of Wonder website on the very first day you could and I still have not got a shipping confirmation. I did get my confirmation of my order but no shipping confirmation. I would have expected it to ship Mon or Tues since Days of Wonder said beginning of the week. Anyone out there that ordered from the DOW website get a shipping confirm yet?


Got my ship confirmation on Monday, and UPS should be here on Friday. You may want to check with DoW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmations must be on a rolling schedule through DOW. I'd imagine this thing is so massive it has to be done in waves.

Ordered online at DOW 11/27. Got the shipping confirmation 12/6, stating that it had been shipped 12/5. It's going UPS, and the scheduled delivery is 12/11 (South Dakota to Massachusetts). The confirmation has a nice direct link to UPS tracking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Thomas
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered my copy last week from DoW, and it was processed this past Monday. The UPS notification was sent the next day and it's scheduled for delivery today.

Looking forward to staying up late tonight
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jayiv wrote:
I pre-ordered Battlelore last week from a local comic store.

They don't carry many boardgames but do sell heroclix.

Today, one week later I stopped in and they had my copy of Battelore and the Hill Giant. They sold it to me for $60.

They have another copy if someone is near Flint, MI.


Is South Dakota the last place on earth or what?! I pre-ordered mine from a local store and got the Hill Giant a couple of weeks later but I called the store today and the game isn't due in from their distributor until Tues. I'm so depressed; everyone is playing their copies and I don't even get mine until the middle of next week. cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
sodaklady wrote:
jayiv wrote:
I pre-ordered Battlelore last week from a local comic store.

They don't carry many boardgames but do sell heroclix.

Today, one week later I stopped in and they had my copy of Battelore and the Hill Giant. They sold it to me for $60.

They have another copy if someone is near Flint, MI.


Is South Dakota the last place on earth or what?! I pre-ordered mine from a local store and got the Hill Giant a couple of weeks later but I called the store today and the game isn't due in from their distributor until Tues. I'm so depressed; everyone is playing their copies and I don't even get mine until the middle of next week. cry


It's ok, we Canadians feel your pain. No Battlelore up here yet either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Herro
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrachfal wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that they had to order a quantity of 6.



This is true, the store needed to preorder 6 to get the Hill Giant promotion, at least this was the case through my distributors.

Sounds like Eric's got you covered though.

<3 DOW
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
Is South Dakota the last place on earth or what?! I pre-ordered mine from a local store and got the Hill Giant a couple of weeks later but I called the store today and the game isn't due in from their distributor until Tues. I'm so depressed; everyone is playing their copies and I don't even get mine until the middle of next week. cry

Nope, not the last place. I went to my FLGS here in Virginia Beach, VA on the 26th to order my copy. Hadn't heard anything so I paid them a visit today. No copies of BL because it had slipped the notice of their ordering person. By the time they got around to ordering some copies, their distributor said that they didn't even have any and were "hoping" to have some next week. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Robbins
United States
Northbridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered direclty from DOW website and never got a shipping confirmation, but it showed up today!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
picked mine up, had the Hill Giant! Yeah!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Mine had no Hill Giant either... I'm giving them a few days to rectify this before I try DOW.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Shryke wrote:
It's ok, we Canadians feel your pain. No Battlelore up here yet either.


Any sightings or shipping notices in Canada _YET_?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
The guy from FunGamesCafe posted today saying they expectr them in later today.

Damn Canadian distributors, the people like an hours drive south of us have had it for like a week.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shryke wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
jayiv wrote:
I pre-ordered Battlelore last week from a local comic store.

They don't carry many boardgames but do sell heroclix.

Today, one week later I stopped in and they had my copy of Battelore and the Hill Giant. They sold it to me for $60.

They have another copy if someone is near Flint, MI.


Is South Dakota the last place on earth or what?! I pre-ordered mine from a local store and got the Hill Giant a couple of weeks later but I called the store today and the game isn't due in from their distributor until Tues. I'm so depressed; everyone is playing their copies and I don't even get mine until the middle of next week. cry


It's ok, we Canadians feel your pain. No Battlelore up here yet either.


Urgh, been told 50/50 on getting it by Xmas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
By who?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
Shryke wrote:
It's ok, we Canadians feel your pain. No Battlelore up here yet either.


Any sightings or shipping notices in Canada _YET_?


Following up my own post to state that I got shipping notification from FunGamesCafe last night... late last night.

So the Hill Giants, Earth Elementals, and all their boxed-up and possibly bent-out-of-shape little friends have passed the border patrol, are in Canada, and they're on the move.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.