Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
Played another solo game last night (really enjoyed it!) but used the 'Fatigue Variant' and just wanted to check I wasnt missing anything.

I ask as I think it fell a bit flat. From what I can make out from the rules, each match day, you lose 2 Energy. But on the Monday, you recover 2 energy.

So on the Sunday, I go from 0 to -2 energy, then Monday, -2 back to 0.

I can see where it does come into effect when you have a cup game midweek, or play a friendly - then you would be at a slight stat disadvantage for the Sunday match, but other than that it was a pointless bit of housekeeping to do each week.

Would be good if on matchdays you lost 2 energy and on the Monday only recover 1 energy - BUT, have a new tile or two to recover energy - like a 'rest day' you can spend as a one off tile, but you cant do anything else that day.

Or have a 'physio' staff member who can recover more energy?

Dont know - I like the fatigue element and good to have it in, but its just missing something for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatigue becomes more of an issue later in the season, as you would ecpect, playing 2 games a week, but even the friendlies need managing. I like the additional twist it gives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
philmcd wrote:
Fatigue becomes more of an issue later in the season, as you would ecpect, playing 2 games a week, but even the friendlies need managing. I like the additional twist it gives.

Yea - it certainly makes the friendlies more of an issue. When we played in a 4 player game without it, friendlies were a no brainer cash grab, but this would make people think twice.

I'll use it again and see if i get different results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing 2 matches each week will cause you juggle with fatigue...

in the first few weeks you'll only have to manage if you do friendlies, but sometimes you need to do them... but if you go all the way to the final of the cup there will be some cool choices to be made regarding fatigue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you're saying but I don't think that's too much of a problem because, like in a real team, fatigue is more problematic at the end of the season and not at the beginning.

But if you want you can add that extra flavor, with a house rule and, on mondays you could make it the way that you only recover one fatigue and then you'd get to recover another, if you want, instead of going a market action on one of the market days.

I think that hurts less than the need to get to a specific tile to be able rest (which might not be that very thematic)..

Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
Dna_Boy wrote:
I see what you're saying but I don't think that's too much of a problem because, like in a real team, fatigue is more problematic at the end of the season and not at the beginning.

But if you want you can add that extra flavor, with a house rule and, on mondays you could make it the way that you only recover one fatigue and then you'd get to recover another, if you want, instead of going a market action on one of the market days.

I think that hurts less than the need to get to a specific tile to be able rest (which might not be that very thematic)..

Just my two cents.

I dont know, rest days are pretty common (as obviously is having a physio), but can appreciate you can keep going and going with this game and end up with something ridiculously complex (I'm looking at you Football Manager on PC!)

Long as I am playing it correctly, then I'm happy with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Banks
Ireland
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How I have played it lately:

When I get to play a Friendly Match, I decide if to play the match or not play it; gain 1 rest for non played home friendlies or 2 rest for non played away friendlies).

works fine for us and quite thematic too.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ConAir wrote:

When I get to play a Friendly Match, I decide if to play the match or not play it

The fans who bought tickets to see said friendly are going to get royally pissed though. I would drop fan support by 5 for skipping a scheduled friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.