Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Texas Arrows expansion and Screaming Eagles/Ghost Panzer reprint kickstarter campaign is in its last three days as of Tuesday, June 17th. With the original KS goal of $10,000 shattered in three days, and KS backing now reaching over $66,000, we're $14,000 shy of the #10 stretch goal.

Back the Texas Arrows expansion and/or the Screaming Eagles and Ghost Panzer reprints here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1456271622/band-of-brot...

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am the counter artist for Texas Arrows but I gain no direct financial benefit from sales or the Kickstarter campaign. I've loved this system from the start - I'm not just an artist, I'm also a fan and a player!

Your mileage may vary. Where offer applies. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. If exposed to ridiculous amounts of fun, tension and WW2 tactical awesomeness, do not induce vomiting; play more Band of Brothers immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very exciting. Seeing it smash $10,000 in less than two hours was pretty great. I hope this gives Worthington Games an idea of the demand and get them interested to publish more modules. This has been their most successful Kickstarter if I am not mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main problem is the goal for #10 is probably out of reach. Less than 3 days and over $6000 to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
The main problem is the goal for #10 is probably out of reach. Less than 3 days and over $6000 to go.
Actually we are almost $7500 short of goal #9 and $12,500 short of #10.

Kicktraq.com has the campaign trending to about $77K, but there would have to be a considerable spike in the next couple of days to get there. Hopefully, there are lots of people waiting for the 48 hour notice.

At least we will be getting all of the bonus scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking forward to the bonus scenarios. Reaching the last two goals is stretching it... devil

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
I am also looking forward to the bonus scenarios. Reaching the last two goals is stretching it... devil

laugh
Yeah, kind of like "The Rack."

I still say it's not too late to add a zombie expansion. Or women Nazi's in skimpy uniforms. Either would significantly boost the KS sale if history is any indication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Kozure, just so you know, I would have completely missed out on this KS if it hadn't been for the Panzerschreck counter that showed up on the BGG home page which then led me here, so you certainly get kudos for that. thumbsup
Next, the subject matter and scale, two favorites of mine.
Then there are the great reviews on the BoB games from all over the place.
And finally, Jim Krohn, a designer I admire from his excellent Space Empires and upcoming Talon game.

So I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get all three games at once for a nice price via the KS. As of just a minute or so ago I'm all in and looking forward to getting these games on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh. I finally pulled the trigger on this. I love Space Empires 4x, and have always had a soft spot for World War II games, but I probably won't find anyone to actually play these with. But I went all in anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wish more was done about getting on the front page via a contest. I don't understand how the hotness is calculated but I did see some forum posts and images make it to the front page sporadically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
Sigh. I finally pulled the trigger on this. I love Space Empires 4x, and have always had a soft spot for World War II games, but I probably won't find anyone to actually play these with. But I went all in anyway.

VASSAL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
Yeah, I was disappointed that it did not hit the Hotness. Once the counter made it to the front page, I thought for sure the game would follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Given the time constraints, stuff like this should be posted on the Wargame main forum, not the game page.

Won't directly contribute to BoB hotness status, but will get people checking out the KS, and that's what we need.

Don't want to stick medals here on myself, but just last week the P-500 pre-order of another game started, and with an innocent and genuine thread the game reached 180 pre-orders in a couple of days. Sadly once the thread died down and no loger was on the main page, the process has stalled... Which nevertheless shows that active mouth to mouth spread is still the vastly most powerful way to distribute something.

With all our support the thread would quickly gather the needed attention for this short time left.

Someone open it please, I have to leave now and am not inspired right now.

(If you really want to know the mentioned game, look through my last posted threads on my profile and you will find it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkS0uL wrote:
Given the time constraints, stuff like this should be posted on the Wargame main forum, not the game page.

Won't directly contribute to BoB hotness status, but will get people checking out the KS, and that's what we need.

Don't want to stick medals here on myself, but just last week the P-500 pre-order of another game started, and with an innocent and genuine thread the game reached 180 pre-orders in a couple of days. Sadly once the thread died down and no loger was on the main page, the process has stalled... Which nevertheless shows that active mouth to mouth spread is still the vastly most powerful way to distribute something.

With all our support the thread would quickly gather the needed attention for this short time left.

Someone open it please, I have to leave now and am not inspired right now.

(If you really want to know the mentioned game, look through my last posted threads on my profile and you will find it)

OK, I've done as you suggested and posted a thread over at the Wargaming forum:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1388666/band-brothers-t...

I've probably sacrificed some of my credibility as an objective gamer in the process, but I'll take the hit for this game system.

So... what are you all standing around here for? Get over there and thumb it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.