Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After I came back all tense from sitting in my Composition Rhetoric night class, my wonderful husband, Hilary, had Battlelore which we just got today out on the table set up for the Battle of Agincourt.

I was the French and Hilary was the English but I didn't want to be the French; it's rainy and my armor is too heavy.

Hilary started the game with a Patrol card and took out one Cavalry unit. I returned fire with a Mounted Charge which allowed me to gain ground fairly early in the game.

Most of my attacks were carried out by my Cavalry units. After four Cavalry units were depleted, my foot units slowly moved forward as other calvary units gained ground through Hilary's multiple retreats.

We were tied at two banners. After Hilary took out the rest of my Cavalry, he was up by one banner.

My foot troops struggled to reach the other side of the board when Hilary played his Darken the Sky card which allowed all his archers to attack twice.

To counter this, I made an attack with my short sword foot units and made a lucky roll, three orange bonus strikes that tied up the game 3 to 3.

Hilary followed this with a Foot Onslaught card that allowed one group of adjacent units to attack. I countered this with a Counter Attack card. This allowed me to pin his troops against the wall. Instead of retreats, my units were making hits. And with a red helmet rolled, I won the game.

All and all, it is another great game by Richard Borg. The pieces really add to the game, and I am looking forward to playing the advanced game to include the LORE and the fantasy creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we had a good time. I almost had her, too!

I had dreams of writing a session report where the English won the day, which seems the very opposite of most reports regarding Agincourt. Gamers would flock to me to learn of my wisdom and sound battle tactics. Those dreams were dashed with a singular roll.

From Hell, I spit at thee, mine wife. Perhaps today is a good day to die! We shall meet again upon the battlefield and I can promise that our next encounter will leave me the victor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pool
United States
Carmel Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a room!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.