Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming » BrettspielWelt (BSW)

Subject: Anyone using Skype to teach? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bsw [+] [View All]
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone using Skype to teach games on BSW? How is it woking? Does it help?

Peace,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Melissa taught me and a few others Caylus a while back w/ skype and it worked quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used it on BSW but I do use it with VASSAL. It has the best sound quality, at least on my PC, and ease of setup of the other programs I've tried (Teamspeak, Ventrilo, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was taught Paths of Glory over the net via wargameroom.com. Make sure you open your ports on skype to have better quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
    We use Skype on BSW and DoW all the time, although only once has it been used to teach. I was the student in that case, and it worked quite well. The sound is "sitting in the room with you" quality so as long as you don't need to point to anything you're set. You can attach a web cam to Skype as well which I would be interested to hear results on.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.