Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is now officially released. Not sure when it will hit the online stores, but it is currently available from the author.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooped! And by nearly an hour, too! I placed my order as soon as I found out, then rushed over here to share the news...only to discover that someone beat me to it!angry Oh well, what did I expect from someone named Flying Arrow?

Anyways, apparently the game is shipping from a third-party fan site, not from the designer himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how many copies were printed. And I wonder if the 9.0 average rating will hold up. (Unlikely, of course.) I expect to have a rating up within a week after I get the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A buddy of mine picked up a copy for me this morning at his FLGS, which surprised me to no end. Unfortunately, though, I won't get my hands on it until tomorrow or the next day.

As far as ratings go, not even the current Geek champion can maintain a 9. My personal favorites always seem to fall into the 6-to-7 niche. So much for ratings, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rating is really low, I am inclined to believe it. Otherwise, the ratings are utterly useless. They get pumped up by shills for the companies/designers as well as people who are just swept up in the hype but haven't played the game but a few times. They also can get excessively drug down by people trying to combat the hype ratings they feel certain are coming. The only use for the ratings system is to READ the comments. Often, seeing WHY someone said a game is god or bad means a lot more than what their numerical rating was.

And now that my rant is over, I'll point out that Marvel Heroes is also out this week and it most definitely takes precedence over this game. However, I'm sure many of you have room on your shelves for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I'll point out that Marvel Heroes is also out this week and it most definitely takes precedence over this game.

Not for me it doesn't, not by a long shot. And advertising the release for Marvel Heroes in a Capes & Cowls release thread seems to me...oh, never mind.

At any rate, I'm hoping that my copy of Capes & Cowls arrives before the weekend. I've got a gaming night scheduled for Saturday, and would love to spend it playing with superheroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already in the brick and mortar stores? I assumed if it wasn't yet available at the online vendors it wasn't yet available anywhere but the author's site.

I chose this game over Marvel Heroes (at the same price, even). I'm not a comic reader. I know the characters from cartoons and movies and hearing people talk about them, but having the famous characters isn't much of a draw for me - and the description of the gameplay for Capes & Cowls seemed more interesting than Marvel Heroes.

The generic heroes of Capes & Cowls also means that I will never have to hear anyone complain about what Spiderman does in the game: "He can't do that in real life, you know." I guess I'll find out soon whether the game lives up to the hype. Although with the 5 month delay and the only two people who have played it absolutely raving about it, I don't see how it could possibly live up to the hype. But I hope so.

And I agree that advertising the release of Marvel Heroes here the day after the Capes & Cowls release does seem to me...oh, never mind. Especially right after a rant about shills... that seems very...oh, never mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
So much for feelin' special. Just kidding. I've gotten bunches of games in over the past several days, and I'm glad to hear that everyone else will soon get to join in the fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
I wonder how many copies were printed.

Does anyone know the answer? How many copies of this game exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine! All Mine! I finally got my copy yesterday and stayed up late playing three games in a row with my roomie. Was it worth the long wait? Yes indeedily-doo! The array of characters is impressive, to say the very least. Talk about variety!

Sorry to rub it in, Richard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived yesterday, too. I read the rules and adventure book basically from cover to cover, but it might be the weekend before I am able to actually play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy didn't end up getting my copy to me until earlier this evening (probably thinking about keeping it for himself). At any rate, I've just spent the last couple of hours looking through all the materials, and it's every bit as cool as I remember, themewise and lookwise. Now if I can just find the time to get some battles going...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.