Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Listen to me out there, whomever my Secret Santa is, I want to tell you something:

YOU ARE A GOLDEN GOD/GODDESS, BORN OF HEAVEN RETURNED TO EARTH TO LAY UPON THE EARTH YOUR BOUNTY OF MUNIFICENCE AND GENEROSITY.

You perhaps even be Santa Claus, Sinterklaas, Kris Kringle, Baba Chaghaloo (my favorite), Saint Nicholas, Hanukkah Harry . . . the very FATHER CHRISTMAS. Maybe even the Great Secret Geek whispered of long ago in the dark ages.

I thank you, whomever you are; Thank you.

And while I vacillate whether or not to admit here what you sent me -- as you very well know what you sent me and expositing your actions may sound like ringing my own bell of fortune -- I wish I knew who you were so I could tell everyone how generous you were and how much it really is appreciated.

Let me then just speak in generalities. I had several small items in my wish list, but rather than choose any one of those readily-available ones, you chose a bruiser. And not only did you choose a bruiser, you threw in another bruiser at that. TWO BRUISERS! I'll be black and blue till March! Horay!

I don't know who you are nor why you felt the need to be so magnanimous(I can only imagine you felt that the two you sent me were necessary to have and play and appreciate), but your beneficence is staggering. I would say that I am speechless, but, as you can see, I have a great deal to say about it.

Thank you so much.

You have colored my view of everything! Next stop: the Mooooooooooooooooon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eryn roston
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
can you feel that? That's holiday spirit

I hope my secret santa target is half as pleased with my gift!

-E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A bruiser? Care to elaborate?

mads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there big fella! Post it in the geeklist!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17908

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patt wrote:
Hey there big fella! Post it in the geeklist!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17908

I was just about to suggest the same thing!

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I was just about to do just that -- and maybe one of you can convince me otherwise -- but I think I might just keep it between me and Santa Claus.

Santa knows what Santa sent. . . and I couldn't honestly have been more suprised and overwhelmed by what I recieved. I was expecting something like "Cartegena." I was so dumbfounded that when my girlfriend said that there was a 12 pound package from Boards and Bits at home I didn't even register it as a possible Secret Santa gift. I thought, "What the hell did I pre-order from Boards and Bits?"

I honestly thought it was something I had long-forgotten and maybe now was expected to pay for . . . and fearing I had ordered something batshit crazy like copies of Roads & Boats and Antiquity that I totally could not afford.

I was actually afeared.

Anyway, Santa, whomever you are.... Thank you. You can somehow let me know if you want me to share . . . .

I'll post something on the aforementioned thread to let the Santa know I got it. . . in case he/she isn't hanging a line out here in forum land.

Oh, and a BRUISER is a big game! Hellas might be fun, but even if you threw it with both arms at someone sleeping on a couch it might not bruise you. These games, though, would bruise even if you half-caught them with one hand from a dropped distance of six inches! Big boxes!

In heaven,

KJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine von Hoffman
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah for you and your Secret one! I would love to know what you got but I admire your thinking. Huzzah again!

Can we get a Santa emoticon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't you tell us what it was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people don't Gift and Tell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
three copies of Lucky Loops?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to have secret, inside knowledge of what the games are, but I am under an NDA and unable to disclose the names. And 'No', I'm not the Santa-giver person.

Enjoy the games, Kris! I admit that I'm WAY jealous!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tumblin' Dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a big rock and a string?

'cause when I was a kid, that's all we had you know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:

you were lucky to have a string. In my day we had to pull our own hair out braid it into strings and find our own rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Leitl
United States
Park Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys had rocks!!!!!!, Man some people sure have it good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true, I am a Golden God. But I'm not your Secret Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
you were lucky to have a string. In my day we had to pull our own hair out braid it into strings and find our own rock.

HAIR?!?! and a ROCK?!?! PURE LUXURY...when we were kids our parents shaved our heads to give the hair to our landlords in exchange to live under the rock in their backyard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moore
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Come on, I'm dying here - what is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:

Everybody wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MUKid wrote:
Come on, I'm dying here - what is it?

I think it rhymes with ShmattleBore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richert
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, when I was a kid all we had was a rock to play with. And we played rock, something, and something else. Let me tell you, it didn't have any replay value until someone invented paper and scissors. But it was the only thing we had and we liked it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rompcat wrote:
Listen to me out there, whomever my Secret Santa is, I want to tell you something:

YOU ARE A GOLDEN GOD/GODDESS, BORN OF HEAVEN RETURNED TO EARTH TO LAY UPON THE EARTH YOUR BOUNTY OF MUNIFICENCE AND GENEROSITY.

You perhaps even be Santa Claus, Sinterklaas, Kris Kringle, Baba Chaghaloo (my favorite), Saint Nicholas, Hanukkah Harry . . . the very FATHER CHRISTMAS. Maybe even the Great Secret Geek whispered of long ago in the dark ages.

And while I vacillate whether or not to admit here what you sent me -- as you very well know what you sent me and expositing your actions may sound like ringing my own bell of fortune -- I wish I knew who you were so I could tell everyone how generous you were and how much it really is appreciated.

Let me then just speak in generalities. I had several small items in my wish list, but rather than choose any one of those readily-available ones, you chose a bruiser. And not only did you choose a bruiser, you threw in another bruiser at that. TWO BRUISERS! I'll be black and blue till March! Horay!

I don't know who you are nor why you felt the need to be so magnanimous(I can only imagine you felt that the two you sent me were necessary to have and play and appreciate), but your beneficence is staggering. I would say that I am speechless, but, as you can see, I have a great deal to say about it.

Thank you so much.

OMG, Kris, I am soooooo sorry! Unfortunately we sent you the wrong package (how embarrassing, after posting this message and everything).

We have your copy of Cartagena right here!

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Wonder Computer of the 1980s
badge
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rome Versus Carthage! If so, your SS must be Bill Gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leftfield
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Rompcat wrote:

Thank you so much.

OMG, Kris, I am soooooo sorry! Unfortunately we sent you the wrong package (how embarrassing, after posting this message and everything).

We have your copy of Cartagena right here!

Tom

excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent and Conquest of the Empire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.