Hide
8 Posts

BattleLore» Forums » General

Subject: Squashed Figures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jones
msg tools
I got BL the other day, and, long story short, it is the best looking game I've ever had. But...

On sifting through the minis, I came across half a dozen that, being plastic, and being crammed in, were really quite bent over. I'm talking flat here. I read somewhere that, in order to remedy this, you can place the plastic minis in a cup of boiling water.

Is this a good idea? I don't want to manhandle them back in shape, as that may snap them.

Thanks all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't have to manhandle them back in shape. The plastic "remembers" the shape it was originally molded into. When you heat it the figure will naturally return to that shape and then reharden as it cools off.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a How-To with pictures on the BL site:

http://blog.battlelore.com/bent/en/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 15 mounted figs & around 10 foot figs squashed,including a few of
the individual packed banner figs.The only real minus to a great product.

If you go to DoW Battlelore Forums they have a stickey thread on this &
a step by step(with pictures no less)of the hot/cold treatment to straighten things out.Nice bit of customer service

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jones
msg tools
Thanks all, I tried it and it works perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Philippi
United States
Chico
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had some success using a hair dryer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The packaging on this game was real funny. I see the top tray, and I think, "Wow!!! Nicely packaged! Every mini gets its own spot." I get down a level, and, "Huh! Why are they all crammed in like that!"

I found that I didn't really need heat to get mine back into shape. I just bent mine with my fingers, overcorrecting a little bit and watching it go back to relatively normal.

However, some of the minis were squashed in such a way that they are comming out of their bases, and I couldn't really squish them back into their bases (maybe I can use heat for that.) Also, some are kind of kneeling down, because they were squished down to their knees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Spader
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
I had about 25-30 figs that were quite bent over. The hot water/cold water technique worked so well that I used for about 30 others that were only slightly bent. The whole process took about 30 minutes and the figs are now looking good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.