Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Around 8:15pm the ammassed assemblied gathered for A Game of Thrones. Mike, Pat, Martin, Matt, and Myself were present; five players. This session occured a couple weeks ago, and I should have written a more detailed session report then. However, as a Lannister victory occured, I feel it should be reported. It has been said on here that Lannister victories are few and far between.

The early game commenced with Lannister plying Greyjoy with a sort of division-of-land treaty, allowing the Lannister player to buy enough time to concentrate moving out towards King's Landing and reinforcing against future Greyjoy movements. Stark consolidated the North, whilst Tyrell did so in the South. Baratheon struck tentatively south, but then shipped themselves to north of the Eyrie.

In the mid-game, Baratheon and Greyjoy were occupied with the necessary Stark expansion south, while Tyrell continued to grow like a corpse bloating in the sun. Lannister expanded generally east, and it must be said the smaller provinces must have shielded him from being a percieved threat.

The late game concerned, generally, Stark warning off Baratheon and Greyjoy about his rival in the South, Tyrell and his very large swaths of land left little molested. Greyjoy and Baratheon switch gears, taking Highgarden and the Eastern coast of the South, right when Tyrell is positioned in a logistically tight way. After this attack, promptly, muster is drawn and Tyrell, still large and powerful, sets his teeth for a brutal struggle.

Lannister, meanwhile largely ignored by trying to look small and by diplomacy, set himself up for a wild push after this shuffle, and also making sure to keep the raven at all times during the game to alter his strategy, was well-positioned to take advantage of whatever oppourtunity existed. By switching tokens and over-extending to take a seventh city, the game was won on the seventh round by Lannister.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Sievert
Sweden
Helsingborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lannister can be quite successful but must get an early diplomatic deal as in this example. If the group plays with little or no diplomacy, Lannister victories will be rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Halekakis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally missed this the first time around. That was a really fun game. Curse you, Lannister! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.