Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a unit is bold because the terrain it stands on and, at the same time, because it's supported by adjacent units... does it ignore two flags or only one?

The rulebook shows and example in which dwarves get to ignore two flags because they are bold and supported, is it the same situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
aristarco wrote:
When a unit is bold because the terrain it stands on and, at the same time, because it's supported by adjacent units... does it ignore two flags or only one?

Two flags.

aristarco wrote:

The rulebook shows and example in which dwarves get to ignore two flags because they are bold and supported, is it the same situation?

I don't have the rules with me, but if I remember well there is an example of a dwarf unit (1 flag) supported by other two units (1 flag) and on a rampart (1 flag) = may ignore 3 flags!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aristarco wrote:

Yes.

This is one of my nits with the rulebook, as it makes one think that only Dwarves can "stack" their Bold-ness. In fact, any unit's boldness stacks (although stacking with Dwarves is a lot easier... humans and goblins need a rampart or a landmark to make it work).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct.
Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
You also are allowed to jump out of your seat, strike a comic-hero pose, and shout "SUPER BOLD!". My favorite part of the game.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
A followup because it was a finer point that surprised me - it should be noted that "bold" and "frightened" stack separately. I had thought it was a pure linear scale, so a goblin (-1), supported (+1) would become "normal", and a goblin (-1) supported (+1) and on a landmark (+1) would become normal-bold(+1).

As it turns out, this isn't the case. A supported goblin would be both bold and frightened (Can choose to ignore the first flag, but if forced to retreat, must retreat two hexes per non-ignored flag), and a supported-landmarked-goblin would be able to ignore two flags, but any flag unignored would cause a retreat of two hexes.

What I don't know is: in the event a unit gets "stacked frighened" (don't think it's possible in the base set, but let's assume for a moment it could happen - some lore effect, maybe?) - does such a unit have to retreat one extra hex (IE, frightened retreats 2, doublefrightened retreats 3) or twice as far (frightened retreats 2, dublefrightened retreats 4)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The concept of "stacked frightened" you describe isn't in the base game indeed. So I am afraid the answer on that one will have to wait (though nothing prevents you from making a home rule if you feel so enclined).
Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel de la Casa
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all guys, specially Eric.

I'll have to find a Spanish tranlation for Superbold! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
aristarco wrote:
I'll have to find a Spanish tranlation for Superbold! cool

Mucho macho?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Tapp
United States
Waterloo
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muybravo or Superbravo (literally)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Pruitt
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
You also are allowed to jump out of your seat, strike a comic-hero pose, and shout "SUPER BOLD!". My favorite part of the game.

-MMM

This made me laugh out loud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.