3 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shooting against unit already broken? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pasi Pitkänen
Finland
flag msg tools

How do I deal hits against already broken unit. I shoot once against enemy unit and IFT says it is flipped on its broken side. Then another my unit shoots same unit. What happens ? (if it gets hitted)

Is there situations where Residual Firepower counter is left on hex with unit? Or is RFP counters always left "behind".

Moving unit in H4 gets shooted by enemy but nothing happens so unit is moving to H5 and gets heavily hitted. I place RFP counter on H4 but do I place RFP counter on H5 too ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll jump in!

Quote:
How do I deal hits against already broken unit. I shoot once against enemy unit and IFT says it is flipped on its broken side. Then another my unit shoots same unit. What happens ? (if it gets hitted)

If your first attack broked the enemy unit (it fliped it) and a second attack gives you a result in the IFT, you have to do as the result says (NMC, #MC, KIA) taking into account that the Morale of the broken unit is on the side that it is now facing (the broken side).

If a broken unit fails a MC, then it is casualty reduced (a squad turns into a HS and a HS disappears.

Quote:
Is there situations where Residual Firepower counter is left on hex with unit? Or is RFP counters always left "behind".

Moving unit in H4 gets shooted by enemy but nothing happens so unit is moving to H5 and gets heavily hitted. I place RFP counter on H4 but do I place RFP counter on H5 too ?

Residual FP is left on the hex you fired, if the unit stays there, it would stay under the residual FP, but if it moves, the residual FP stays in the same hex.

e.g. A unit moves into hex A1 and it is attacked with 6 FP so you leave a 2 (half of IFT column, rounded down to the nearest column) residual FP marker in A1.

The unit moves now to A2 were it is attacked again with 3FP so you leave a 1 residual FP marker in A2. The unit stops in A2.

A second unit moves now to A1. Receives the residual FP attack and then it stops (or it continues its movement).

I hope I have helped you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedTorgerson wrote:
You should also understand this: Any broken unit that is fired upon with enough FP that it might be required to take a morale check is placed under desperation morale regardless of the actual outcome of the attack. That means that if you attack a broken unit in a stone building you can place them under a DM counter just by shooting at them with 4 FP, or 2 FP with a leader present, even if you roll a high number. The possiblility of getting an NMC result on the IFT makes them "DM'ed." That's an important strategy.

This is one of those easy rules for new players to forget. It is in the rulebook, but is not as prominent as it might be. Perhaps the other reason I forget it is because (IIRC) it is not with the fire results section (where you would logically think to find it as part of a flow chart of what happens when you fire on units, including broken units), but instead is under the desperation morale section.

Thanks for bringing it up, serves as a good reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.