Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Luck
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened up this expansion, and already have a question. This is about playing the new special creature Wood Worm.

The rule for the card says:
Place the wood worm between two existing cabins, creating a double cabin! The placing rules must be followed in this new double cabin! The wood worm is safe from carnivores. After placing the wood worm, the player may place a second card, even a slow or provision card, and even in the new double cabin.

So what happens if I combine a cold and warm cabin? ...Or can I?

How about carnivore / herbivores / provisions restrictions?

Is the new cabin limited to 3 creatures or 6?

I would think that "... The placing rules must be followed in this new double cabin!..." means that I can't place the wood worm in a cabin that would cause any conflict mentioned above. But the special creatures seem to specifically be designed to break the rules, so I'm not sure.

The German text reads: Er wird zwischen zwei bestehenden Kabinen gelegt. In der so entstehenden Doppelkabine mu:ssen alle Legeregeln gelten. ...if that helps.

-JL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Twigg
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got mine today, and I'm wondering the exact same thing...it sounds like you would not be able to merge a "hot" cabin with a "cold" one, and that the new double cabin's capacity would be six since it's made of 2 formerly normal cabins. But then, does the wood worm count as one of those six animals, or is it considered separate from the others because it's "between" two different cabins? It's a neat card, but I'm also confused about exactly how to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got an email back from Jay Tummelson from Rio Grande Games. His answers indicate two things:

1. The cabin is a double cabin with spaces for six animals/provisions. The Wood Worm doesn't count as one of these animals.

2. You cannot create an illegal placement by combining cabins. If your combination would result in a cabin that could not exist then you cannot play the Wood Worm. Therefore you cannot combine a hot and cold cabin, nor can you have any other conflicts between provisions/herbivores/omnivores/carnivores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Twigg
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I just got an email back from Jay Tummelson from Rio Grande Games. His answers indicate two things:

1. The cabin is a double cabin with spaces for six animals/provisions. The Wood Worm doesn't count as one of these animals.

2. You cannot create an illegal placement by combining cabins. If your combination would result in a cabin that could not exist then you cannot play the Wood Worm. Therefore you cannot combine a hot and cold cabin, nor can you have any other conflicts between provisions/herbivores/omnivores/carnivores.

Cool, thanks! That's actually how I was planning on playing the wood worm, and just using a hunch as justification. But it's great to get a confirmation from Jay. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.