Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question - I am getting my sister to hopefully obtain some of the buttons needed to make replacement chicken tokens (her husband manages a Wal-mart). See this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/23361

My thought was if the button design lends itself to it is to imprint/transfer a chicken shape onto it - I am thinking just black ink or maybe in each player color. So what I need is to determine the best method for doing this....

Are there sheets of transfer type stuff that would be more or less permanent (or could be made permanent) once transferred? If I could create a suitable stencil, perhaps a permanent pen would work?

I am interested in other people's thoughts...

Thanks!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think your best bet is just color inkjet print onto an adhesive sheet and affix them. It's perfectly good and anything else would likely be a waste of time and effort.

One side of the button is perfectly flat and the other is a bit rounded (making it difficult to do anything fancy). The difficulty is further compounded by the fact that there are four holes in the middle because it's a button so any design that's imprinted will have four holes in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn - I had hoped it was a 2 hole design - then the holes could have become the eyes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI... I tried printing and applying chicken labels to the buttons. They absolutely will NOT work on the curved side, and if you put them on the flat side, I found it caused the button to stick and not slide down the ramp. I think you'll have to go without the chickens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that was why I thought some kind of imprint/transfer may work, so there wouldn't be a sticker.

Anyway, appreciate the considerations everyone is providing!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ljw74us wrote:
if you put them on the flat side, I found it caused the button to stick and not slide down the ramp.

Thanks for that info. I suspected that might happen and it's why I haven't tried any stickers yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.