Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long is this game on average? It says 3 hours but is it usually longer than that?
How long is it when you're first learning and then after you get experienced?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
This depends on your group. Our games often last longer than three hours, but we agonize over decisions and some of us like to wrangle about diplomacy. Groups that can make quick decisions can finish games in under three hours.

Expect more like five hours for your first game. The rules aren't simple, and it will be new to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Ritter
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
How many players? How good?

My first three games of this lasted, each with 3-4 players, lasted less than 2 hours each, because someone would maneuver to a quick early victory. My last game (4 players) took the full 3 hours and all 10 turns, which included much pondering (but no one painfully slow).

The cards drawn also change matters. Fewer musters mean (generally) faster play/turn, thought it can also mean more turns as no one has the troops to hold much.

I would guess 5 hours to be excessive, unless you have someone highly cautious. 3-4 seems more reasonable.

Be sure to have one person well-versed with the rules though - Everything tends to refer to everything else, so being familiar with the rulebook is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
How long? As long as you allow diplomatic discussions and order token placing to go ondevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jimenez
Spain
Torrejon de Ardoz
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Yesterday i played for the first time. It takes 5 hours. We was 5 players and 4 of us never had been played before. I think that the next time it would take around 4 hours, but if a player would conquest seven castles it would be faster.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.