Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I already have the core set and the first expansion. It is the expansion that caused a little bit of confusion as there were two versions as far as I could tell. I have the version that does not have the jump.
I just ordered Extension 2, and the pair of long straights ( each one the length of four straights .)
The Extension two will allow a curved crossover, and 45 degree curves. It also has two standard straight pieces. I will keep those pieces free of guard rails, and use them to form the straight crossover using pieces from the first expansion.
I'm really curious to see how big this thing will be now, especially with the long straights. I will have to pull out the leaf from my dining room table, and do some creative planning. I hope to have a picture of a possible set up using these four sets a.s.a.p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW...I ordered these from levalet.com in Canada. They currently have the stock in hand, and have pretty good prices...better than Thoughthammer, even with Canadian dollars!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I had hoped to get the new expansions in before the end of the year... now I have a hope of it happening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the long straights are limited and once they are gone, they are gone. Who knows for sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems Extension 2 is interesting.

I have the first edition of L'extension (without the ramp & tunnel). I was shocked to see a later edition with the edition of ramp & tunnel. It's a shame that Ferti does not sell the ramp & tunnel individually because it's too costy for me to buy another extension just for the tunnel & ramp.

Cheers,
Star

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - I had bought three (!) of the first Expansions directly from FERTI, and later tried to get just the ramp for pick-up at the Essen game fair, but nooooo. They wanted me to buy another expansion instead.

That was when I decided to sell off my Pitchcar games and switch back to the one and only... Carabande.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Becker
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new expansions are great!
I bought them in Essen this year and together with the main game and the first expansion the game is just awesome.

I have the game in my office and we play it every evening. The new long parts of the expansion make the game longer and faster. In our track the finish line is placed behind such a high speed part. Nearly every game in the end two or three players have the possibility to finish the game in the same turn, so they have to risk it. Oh, I forgot to mention: we have no borders there. So the players really have to aim. That's not easy! Another rule is that the last shot has to be a regular shot (eg every car has to stay on the track). That leads to very tense races.

This is our track:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool pic! what do you do for the section in the front where there is no track? Or do you just race one lap?
what could you do do join it up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting picture - thanks for sharing it. Le Valet d'Coeur has confirmed that my extensions are in the mail. We'll see if they make it here before Christmas or whether I have to wait until after... Thanks for the heads up on Le Valet having the extensions. I shared it with the wife of a good friend who has been coveting my extension 1 and wants the others - maybe he'll have a neat surprise under the tree!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Becker
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, the gap actually is a small ramp. We put a border peace underneath it. It's quite easy to cross the gap. You just have to be fast enough. It's harder to stay on the track in the next curve, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.