A deck of cards is more easily portable than a set of mah jong tiles, and thus one may want to purchase the deck of Mhing cards to use as an easily portable mj set. The differences to a regular mah jong set are as follows:
* The Mhing deck contains six Mhing cards used as jokers.
* There are eight flower cards, but they are not numbered. There are four pairs of flower cards, and the pairs differ only in minor details of artwork. The paired flower cards are identical. There are no "season" cards.
* The dragon cards actually depict dragons. White dragon has been replaced with a golden dragon.
* Character suit has been replaced with a suit depicting portraits of Asian people.
So, the Mhing deck consists of following cards:
4 of each of the following:
1 - 9 of bamboo
1 - 9 of coins
1 - 9 of portraits
- Last edited Thu Dec 7, 2006 8:02 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Thu Dec 7, 2006 7:51 pm
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
Well, now the character suit actually depicts Asian characters =) Mhing is a very mass-market approach to Mahjong, indeed. But a great game!