Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of Wallenstein (and I have ordered Shogun, even though I know it is almost similar to Wallenstein). I also like Antike and Viktory 2 a lot. Which other games should I get?

Thanks,
Tore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Imperial and Mare Nostrum (with the expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered Imperial earlier today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gray
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The new recommender algorithm I'm working on (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/18041) suggests these games if you like Wallenstein:

Jenseits von Theben
Princes of the Renaissance
Kogge
Indonesia
Die Saulen der Erde
Age of Steam
Taj Mahal
Goa
Die Macher
El Grande

and I'd agree.

Indonesia, Goa, and Age of Steam also get recommended for Antike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe A Game of Thrones? Players layout their plans simulataneously like in wally.

Also, I've only played it twice, but Dynasties is like a 2-player Wallenstein light and is pretty inexpensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am going to buy A game of thrones. Dynasties seems very interesting as well, but it is impossible to buy it in Europe. I would have to order from the US and shipping would be around $30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Vinci, if you can find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Struggle of Empires or if you insist on fancy bits the similar Conquest of the Empire.
My second vote goes to Perikles which was mentioned before and is as well an excellent choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already ordered Vinci as well! I hope I`ll get it tomorrow in my mailbox. The shipping takes about five working days from Germany.

And I am seriously considering buying Conquest of the empire. Not very expenive from playme.de.

Playme.de is my favourite online store, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Perikles and I would like to add Friedrich:

Histogame and Richard Sivél present "Friedrich" as a novel concept uniting the fascination of board and card games. Accurately based on history while maintaining a slim set of rules, offers wide open spaces for chess-like moves and great depth for decision making. Taken into Frederick's era, you will reflect on tactical finesses, smile about interspersed anecdotes, and be perplexed at how often you are not able to count to three...:

In relation with Wallenstein, check this forum http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/18041

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Antike, Imperial & Vinci. Great games all.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Amos
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More votes for Struggle of Empires, Mare Nostrum and Game of Thrones... based off of this statement in your profile:

Quote:
I love games with a war-theme, and at the moment I really love playing games like Shogun, Wallenstein, Viktory II, Antike and Imperial.
For me it is important that a game lasts for 1-3 hours, since I have a 2-year old daughter that requires the rest of my sparetime!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.