Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested to know how it works. I am sure there are some ledges in there etc. I cannot help the fact that I am very curious.

Peace,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Sorta like a dice tower except the ledges are horizontal instead of at an angle. I think there's two ledges and they have seemingly random square/rectangle cut-outs if I remember correctly. I'm sure someone will pst a picture of the ledges soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Don't forget this tower was also used in Im Zeichen des Kreuzes.

As for pictures, one already on the Geek:

Basically, the cubes can get hung up on the ledges or displaced by cubes falling in later. So you have a mechanism where cubes can go in, and either fall through, stay behind, or knock out other cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I figured, but I was hoping that someone who had seen it could enlighten me, thanks.

Peace,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/117592 for a full discussion (including links to a video of it in action)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
queequeg wrote:
I was hoping that someone who had seen it could enlighten me

I have seen it and beyond what I had stated, can't really think how else to enlighten you on its "inner workings". Nothing magical involved. Jeff's link (see post above) is probably the best resource to get further details.

If that doesn't satisfy your curiousity - ask away and we wil try our best to answer your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic.

And elves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although no one else seems to share my view, I think the cube tower PERFECTLY simulates how mercenary armies may have reacted to the conflict situation at hand (in Wallenstein, anyway). Stay and fight, or beat a hasty retreat, or just stand there and observe. For Wallenstein, it is a beautiful mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Pratt
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
Although no one else seems to share my view, I think the cube tower PERFECTLY simulates how mercenary armies may have reacted to the conflict situation at hand (in Wallenstein, anyway).

*I* share your view.

In addition, I feel The Tower hates me to such an extent that it would kill my entire family if it could.

And my cat.

And make me watch.

Stupid tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.