Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
DonaldX wrote:
The contract expires if they haven't published the expansion by June 30 2015, and given that they haven't paid me yet for 2014, I'm not feeling inclined to give them more time. But I mean, who knows, maybe they will quickly get a German copy on a store shelf somewhere.
ref: Re: Kingdom Builder: Marshlands Stealth Announced

Quote:
Sen-Foong Lim and I have not been paid by Queen for 2014 - for our game, Tortuga (which didn't sell 1/10th of what Kingdom Builder probably sold - but still). Queen pays once per year - which is way less frequent than every other publisher we deal with (usually twice per year or once per quarter). Then they have 90 days after the end of the year to pay up - which means March 31st. It's now June 19th and we still haven't been paid. We've sent them numerous emails - with hardly any responses.

Now they say they are trying to deposit the money into our bank accounts (they don't send checks for some odd reason) - and when a European company tries to deposit into a North American bank - it is not so straight forward. When we got our advance we had some issues with the information that they needed - and there was a lot of back and forth - but eventually we got our advance.

Now they're claiming that the bank info we gave them is not working. This seems shady since they have already used our bank info to give us our advance - and nothing has changed on our end (I even double checked with my bank). So it's been a couple weeks since their last email and I'm getting quite frustrated. I'm glad Donald expressed his frustration and I hope karma happens...(and we get paid!)!
ref: http://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/3adts6/queen_gam...

Think twice before Kickstarting their games, customers!

It would be nice is BGG News would cover this shocking news. More people need to be aware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd be surprised if you knew…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably wouldn't. Any other designers want to come forth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I mean is, you'd be surprised if you knew that it's far from just Queen Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. That's so sad to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Point is; it's a problem, and it's bad manners, but it's not a huge thing. It's a huge thing if a company doesn't pay AT ALL. Most board game companies have intense liquidity fluctuations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Point is; it's a problem, and it's bad manners, but it's not a huge thing. It's a huge thing if a company doesn't pay AT ALL. Most board game companies have intense liquidity fluctuations.

It is a huge thing, no matter how prevalent it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

It is a huge thing, no matter how prevalent it is.

Depends on what you consider "huge". Normally, with "huge" people mean like "REALLY aout of the ordinary". If it's quite normal then, it isn't huge.

But it's bad manners, true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
It shouldn't be normal, and fans of designers talking about it can help that become not normal, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bringing this up on my Kickstarter Update segment of Board Game Breakfast for sure. Thanks to you and a couple of other folks for bringing it to my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:
I'm bringing this up on my Kickstarter Update segment of Board Game Breakfast for sure. Thanks to you and a couple of other folks for bringing it to my attention.

I just posted a question to Queen about it on the KS page for Kingdom Builder as I am a backer and would like to know their answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.