Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Thinking about buying a dice tower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: dice_tower [+] dice [+] [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks,

I'm putting some thought into buying a dice tower. I want felt lining throughout and I don't want it to be too big. I realize it's a definite luxury item. I saw a great looking one on Ebay.

There was a geek list last week about what to buy the gamer who has everything. It had some info on dice towers, but I can't find that list anymore.

If you have any advice/info, please post here.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought a Deluxe Tower from VixenTor Games and am very happy with it. Good communication (just email them) and arrived quickly. Tower is very well constructed and foam lined (not felt) for noise reduction.

http://www.vixentorgames.com/deluxe.htm

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are pretty sweet. I think I'd prefer one of the large towers with just a wood finish though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See homiefud right here on BGG. He makes great dice towers and you can pick the wood, stain and felt.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/homiefud

I highly recommend him and his dice towers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cln777 wrote:
See homiefud right here on BGG. He makes great dice towers and you can pick the wood, stain and felt.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/homiefud

I highly recommend him and his dice towers!


SO do I. I'm VERY happy with mine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought the acrylic one that breaks down into pieces for easy storage and transport. We lined it ourselves with felt. It was easy. I just went down to Michael's crafts and bought sticky back felt and cut it to size and stuck it on. Took about 15 minutes and less than $5 of felt. I put felt on the outside, too and it looks really nice.

-Helen
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hholzgrafe wrote:
We bought the acrylic one that breaks down into pieces for easy storage and transport. We lined it ourselves with felt. It was easy. I just went down to Michael's crafts and bought sticky back felt and cut it to size and stuck it on. Took about 15 minutes and less than $5 of felt. I put felt on the outside, too and it looks really nice.

-Helen


Are you talking about the dice boot? I just got two of them today. They are pretty sweet. The 2 second noise doesn't both me in the least. It can roll 12 pretty good and if I need to roll say 26 dice in Dreamblade then I just take off the stopper temporarily and viola works great.

They are in at thoughthammer about $12.
http://thoughthammer.com/product_info.php?products_id=2491
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's the one. I bought mine from the designer at a convention a few years back, but it's definitely the same one that's for sale at thoughthammer.

-Helen
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:
Those are pretty sweet. I think I'd prefer one of the large towers with just a wood finish though.


That's funny. I just thought the same thing and sent a mail to Matt... about 5 minutes later, he responded that it would be fine, and even knocked off 5 dollares. Now, I'm not saying he'd give you the discount, but he'd definitively make it for you with a wooden finish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grildensnork wrote:
I recently bought a Deluxe Tower from VixenTor Games and am very happy with it. Good communication (just email them) and arrived quickly. Tower is very well constructed and foam lined (not felt) for noise reduction.

http://www.vixentorgames.com/deluxe.htm



I like the size of his compact model, but I think I'd really like the felt or foam to cut down on sound. He doesn't do felt/foam in the compact model unfortunately.

Rob
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are two sites I recommend checking out:

http://www.geocities.com/crosstowngames/dicetower.html

http://www.geocities.com/homiefud/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also peruse the Miscellaneous Game Accessory gallery whose cup runneth over with dice tower pix...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=image&sort...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
You might also peruse the Miscellaneous Game Accessory gallery whose cup runneth over with dice tower pix...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=image&sort...


Wow, I hadn't been there yet. Some wild stuff. I particularly liked the table that comes from the ceiling on pullys (sp?).

Thanks,
Rob
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Rob in Richmond wrote:
Grildensnork wrote:
I recently bought a Deluxe Tower from VixenTor Games and am very happy with it. Good communication (just email them) and arrived quickly. Tower is very well constructed and foam lined (not felt) for noise reduction.

http://www.vixentorgames.com/deluxe.htm



I like the size of his compact model, but I think I'd really like the felt or foam to cut down on sound. He doesn't do felt/foam in the compact model unfortunately.

Rob


Actually (in case anyone is still reading this), I got so many requests that I have started adding foam to the compacts for another $5. The ones I sell on eBay don't have the foam, but you can order them through the site with foam.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.