Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the rules are simple the game is open to variants (to make it more tactical or complex).

I posted a file with two variants i was thinking of:

1. Variable Chest value based on number of thieves printed on the Chest.

2. A majority rule to determine who gets the Chest.

These are not tested yet, but if someone tries them let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are good variants.

I would also like to try some type of variant that removes an opponent's thief from a Palace. Maybe you can play all 6 colors, 6 cards, and remove one thief from a palace. Or make it 3 dancer cards to remove a thief from a palace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having tried either of your variants, but having played the game a few times, what I like about your variants is that they seem like they would shorten the game. In #1 you suggest playing 10 rounds, which is much shorter than a normal game. And variant #2 would also shorten the game since fewer thieves in total are needed, although this could change the game dynamics dramatically. In any case, I'd really like to try them both because I think this game goes on much too long for what it is.

And for the third suggestion, about being able to move an opponent's guard, that is a great idea! We noticed many times that we wanted to do that, and it seems to drag the game on longer than was necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.