John Giacchino
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Question 1:
In the new rules is this a correct statement:
An aircraft flying to an island to land counts entering the sea space and actually landing on the island as 1 movement point?

Question 2:
When a fighter is attacking island land units does it count entering the sea zone as 1 movement point and flying over the island and attacking the land unit as another? Or is it just one movement point to enter the sea zone and fight island land units?

If the former is the case does it also cost 1 point to leave the island after you attack the island land units?

Thanks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Giacchino
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So a fight must come from a carrier to attack land units on an island...there is no way to take off from one island, fight over another and return to the 1st island...correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your correct. I can't think off the top of my head of an Island
in revised that you can attack island to island without an
Aircraft carrier or long range aircraft tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Giacchino
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
However.....On page 26 under Aircraft in the second paragraph it states: "When flying to an island group, count the surrounding sea zone and the island group itself as 1 space each"

Now if you are just passing through that zone with the island then that makes sense, but it states "flying to an island group" not "through a space containing an island group"

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are just passing through the seazone, it's just 1MP. No need to enter the island territory. I fact, if you did, it would actually cost you 4MP just to clear the area.

1. Enter the seazone
2. Enter the island
3. Enter the same seazone on the "other side" of the island
4. Exit the seazone into the seazone/territory beyond.

~Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oculona wrote:
Your correct. I can't think off the top of my head of an Island
in revised that you can attack island to island without an
Aircraft carrier or long range aircraft tech.

There are possibly two places on the board where you can do something like this*. Although you'd be attacking from a land territory to an island in both cases.

1. Panama to the West Indies island. (That's a rare combat.)

2. United Kingdom to the Greenland island, if indeed you consider Greenland an island. (Even rarer!)

...and of course, the US National Advantage Island Bases allows your fighters to pull off island-to-island combat all over the Pacific, even without Long-Range Aircraft tech.

~Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.