GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Shocking Roulette» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Karmic Equalizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Monday was the first play of Shocking Roulette at game night. We originally we're going to use it to determine the start player for Taj Mahal, but we got a fifth player so it wouldn't work. So we played it for Hey, That's My Fish.

Then afterward, it drew enough interest that people wanted to play it just for "fun", not to start any game. John wanted to try, but refused to start playing until all the rules had been explained. I explained to him that all the rules had been explained. You put your finger in the slot and press down on the metal paddles. There are no decisions.

The game began and the lights flashed. Everyone tensed waiting for the possible shock. The lights stopped, and the long sequence of beeps continued ... and continued. Karen started to speak up about the long wait. Instead of bracing for the shock, everyone started to pass the time. Then - zap! - it got Brett.

Brett noticed that I had won Taj Mahal, and got shocked to start Hey, That's My Fish. Brett had won Hey, That's My Fish and got shocked next. He formed a theory that Shocking Roulette may not be so much a start player device, but a Karmic Equalizer, targetting the winner of the most recent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.