7 Posts

Adam Starkweather» Forums » General Creator Forum

Subject: help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivo Zekan
Croatia
flag msg tools
Hi, my friend and me working on the mod for close combat Pc game, you can find on www. CloseCombat.org.
I sow your strategic map of the Arnhem area and it fantastic so I wonder is it possible for you to send me some conceptual art materials
Arnhem map without hexes just map (high res) to use it for the mod purposes.
That is completly free modification for anyone who has interest and mod is not for sale or something like that, everyone can dowload and play free.

If you have any option to help on one way or the other I will be more that thankfull.

After I looked more than fifty maps I find yours on BoardGameGeek and from that moment I know that will be perfect for the mod, if it is possible at all.

Thanks

Best regards

Zeko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A folder that caught my eye for some reason...

What exactly are you looking for? You are asking to use the Devil's Cauldron map or the source maps for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Zekan
Croatia
flag msg tools
Source maps will be perfect, anything what it used to made your original map will be fine for me.
Thanks

where can I find and buy your game and what is the price for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool - a little easier to get than the actual Cauldron maps...

The maps I used as source are the AMS 1944 maps of the area...1:25000 scale. They are easily available from the Library of Congress but they aren't cheap. If you know someone in the Washington DC area, going in a copying them is massively cheaper than ordering them on CD.

I can tell you exactly what to ask for if you give me your desired coverage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Zekan
Croatia
flag msg tools
I live in Split, Croatia and it is quite dificult for me to engage someone to do that for me.
Can you send me some of yours pictures of the Arnhem area from landing zones to Arnhem.

What is the price of that cd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WHich Drop Zones? Do you need DZ Y or K? Do you need north of Arnhem or west of the DZs?...if so, how much? Again, a pic of what you need is helpful...if just Arnhem and you don't need too far south (no Poles), you are probably looking at 2 maps - maybe even one map if no room to the west is needed...vauge memory that they are $30-50 a piece (plus S&H). But an email to the LoC will let you know for sure. Turn around is long - like 12 weeks or so...

If you want to ask the Library of Congress and see if it is a violation of copyright or not, I might be able to help...but I need to know if giving them to you is a violation of US law or not. I assume it is or else I might be able to get mine to you somehow...

I forget how much they are per map but I blew like $1000 on them...but I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30 maps to cover all of MG and had to guess on coverage...so I bought extras. You can benefit from my over buying...I know exactly what is on each map. Bracing for the next one too - maps on Normandy are needed for next year....

I don't know how to post an image here on BGG without it being something I can link to...but I think it is exactly what you need...if it isn't, there is nothing better out there anyway...

BTW, there are more wargamers in the Baltimore/DC area than anywhere else in the US - a request for help here on and on consim would be worth it....I think it is like $5-10 a piece if they go in and just copy it for you. I am in NYC so I can't do it - but if I was close, I would be happy to do it.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Zekan
Croatia
flag msg tools
I need in game strat map, size 1708X1129 which cover same area as devil's couldron map Arnhem area which I find on boardgamegeek page with other images of the game. It is possible to download that map in original size i think some 4000X2000 size but I am aware that is copy protected and further more I do not need hexes and other elements of the game on the map, so I think maybe to mail you and ask if you have some maps in working progress withaut hexes and so.
I found over net some maps of Arnhem area from Lz's to Arnhem, Driel and south side of town included, but yours is perfect match for my mod.
Anyway thanks a lot for your time.

best regards

Zeko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.