Subject: UK Release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone know what's happening with a UK release for this? Doesn't seem to be available anywhere, not even ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting around for this to descend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what will happen on your side of the pond, but over here apparently Toys R Us cut a deal for exclusive retail well into 2007. I don't know whether it will be offered more generally after that or not.

Seems to be a way to pre-empt the "Big Box Stores" that buy in quantities the size of small mountains at deep discount and sell cheap. Since Hasbro seems to produce in the 50,000 quantity range or better, I suspect there will be plenty of copies left to sell next summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Toy R Us UK doesn't list it, alas, and the US site doesn't ship internationally. Looks like we've been forgotten about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a response back today from Toys R Us customer service and they don't have a clue when they will get it - if ever.
Pretty crappy e-mail they sent actually; they didn't even mention the game in the message, it was just a standard response. Rubbish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
North America got SWOTE Risk and Europe got Narnia Junior Risk. I think we in North America got the better game laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Thurgood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
devil I have looked all over the internet and in shops! It's not in the UK and you can't even have it shipped to England! I'm in agony! If anyone finds out when it will be released in the UK, if it ever iscry, please post it here! PLEASE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Thurgood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I loved clone wars and I play it all the time. If original trilogy isn't in the UK I am never going to play clone wars again. I'll be too sad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like Clone Wars risk you'll love origonal trilogy risk. Its a much better game IMO. People from europe should try getting it off ebay. Shipping might be abit high though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.