Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get a game or maybe a couple for my cousins. They are boys ages 11,12 and 15. They love shortish games with a lot of interaction.

They liked Apples to Apples. They LOVED For Sale.

Ticket to Ride was really too long for them - it was hard to keep their attention for that long I think (at least for the younger ones) and there wasn't enough interaction.

I am especially concerned for the younger ones to make sure I get something that will be good for them. The 15 year old is great about playing whatever as long as his brothers are happy.

I don't have much experience playing with kids so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good luck with:

"Hey That's My Fish"
Bohnanza
High Society
Frank's Zoo
King's Breakfast
Bucket King

Boomtown - might be pushing it on time and complexity if they felt TtR was too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels and Boomtown were my first two thoughts -- it really depends on whether lack of interaction was the source of wandering attention during T2R. T2R can drag for me, but Boomtown never does. Can't tell yet with Citadels (too few plays, all with newbies (including me!) in the mix.)

No Thanks, Circus Flohcati, and Guillotine might be a good card game choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexus Ops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All great suggestions so far. If they like the auctioning in For Sale and if you think they might like the thought of game with a theme in Egypt I would like to suggest RA. Lots of interaction in it and once you know what you're doing you can play in 45mins - 1hr.

Perhaps a game like Diamant (or the english version Incan Gold) might be good fun for them. Push your luck games are always good for light fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two nephews, 15 and 13, and a niece, 12. They loved Clash of the Gladiators and liked For Sale and High Society. But they really, really, really loved Saboteur. I don't think you can go wrong with that (as long as you play with them, of course, to make up the "minimum 4 players").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of good suggestions so far...you might also try a game along the lines of Kung Fu Fighting...my kids and several of their friends really like that one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better than For Sale?
Better than Apples to Apples?

Only one Choice

Wits and Wagers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for all of the great suggestions. I will do a little more research on all of the games mentioned and pick something from the list!

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.