Popular Tags: [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i want to get this as a gift for someone, anyone have any ideas when it might be available, or maybe a retailer that has it that i might not know about ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Wonder Computer of the 1980s
badge
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

All of the etailers that I have seen have this game marked as pre-order December. However, I wouldn't bet on it. The last reprint of Age of Steam was nearly six months later than declared. I think your best bet is ebay if you want it in time for Christmas. Be prepared to pay for the convenience though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stuck "age of steam game" (without the quotes) into Google, and found some obscure game online retailer who still had one in shrink. I paid like $45 for it.

Jennifer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that there are very few still in circulation. I was waiting for the reprint but after reading a thread including comments from Martin Wallace and Winsome Games the reprint seemed to be in some doubt. I bumped it up my priority list & looked around USA & UK online stores & bought the only one I found at Spirit Games in the UK. Phil at Spirit Games commented that it looked like I got the 'last one in captivity'.

Jennifer's experience gives you some hope though, plus there is always the BGG marketplace & eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the last copy at timewellspent a month or so ago. It was a ding/dent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS (www.gatorgames.com) had two copies on the shelf (at $70) when I was in there 9Dec2006.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ther may be a handful out there (I was aware of the one at Spirit, and Warfrog themselves had a few left *before* Essen, but they've all gone now AFAIK), but there are no big stocks of them anywhere.

And again, as far as I know, the game is not about to be reprinted; anyone saying that they're expecting supplies in the next month or so either knows about a secret stash somewhere, or is kidding themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect I have the biggest stash of AoS about and I think I have 10 or so copies. The problem is I am in the UK and transatlantic shipping is not cheap.

Hammy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our local shop had one a while ago for the MSRP. I wonder what it would fetch on ebay now...

Here's a copy:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Our local game store has one new copy on shelf, priced at $60!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
darlok wrote:
i want to get this as a gift for someone, anyone have any ideas when it might be available, or maybe a retailer that has it that i might not know about ?

If you are still looking plz msg Ron from Cafe Games. I just bought one from him at MSRP; I think he has about 2 or 3 more.

Thanks Ron!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.