Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that at one time, maybe two years ago or so, there were seperate entries for WiF 5th ed and WiF:FE. It seems wrong that they are both listed under one heading as they are substantially different games. Not only that, but it is a bit confusing and misleading to have the images files and forums for both of them mixed up together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICONOCLAST

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admins please take note!

I came in here looking for a petition or something for exactly this. I am surprised there is not more call for this.

WiFFE is at a different scale, has different rules, and from what I can tell the components are not compatible. How is this not deserving of a separate listing? Especially considering that separate entries exist for Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, Advanced Third Reich, and John Prados' Third Reich.

As proof this is a different game, just look at the two maps below, with 5th Edition on the left and FE on the right. Note the size of Belgium on each map: 5 hexes in 5E and 10 hexes in FE. Plus there are all kinds of symbols on the FE map that are not part of the earlier editions of the game. Clearly these editions are more different from each other than the Third Reich editions listed above are from each other.

I have the 2nd edition, would like to play it after many years of neglect, and have been trying to find out what updates, variants, and scenarios are available. I don't want WiFFE material because the different editions are at a different scale and the components are not compatible. With everything thrown together in a single entry it is very confusing and hard to separate out the information on 5th Edition and earlier.

Am I the only one that still wants to play the "obsolete" version and to be able to find information and support for it? There need to be separate entries for WiFFE and its expansions and for WiF "pre-FE" and its expansions.

If anyone agrees, please thumb the OP and reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a seperate entry one point but it appears to have been merged in to this one. At the time the games had seperate entries, I dtarted a thread saying how cool it was and that it was going to take a while to sort out the image galleries. The thread received a number of responses, but all of them disagreed with me saying that everything should be in the one game entry regardless of the fact that they are totally incompatible games. I can't find that thread any more so I guess it must've been removed when the two entries were merged. From what I can recall the main reason for keeping everything under one entry was because most of the info was already there and it was easier that way, rather than anything to do with how the game was played or anything relating to the similarities or differences between the editions. So I decided to take one for the team and let it pass. I still say it's wrong and they should have seperate entries though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.