Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
112 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Bland 9-player WW game ROLES RE-ASSIGNED GOTO NEW THREAD!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Being the non-creative person (at least compared to others here) that I am and the fact that others have expressed interest in 9-player WW games, I've decided to try my hand at Modding a game here using Cassie. I've modded 9-players games before on another message board, but I'd like the learning experience of using Cassie in case I get the notion to mod another game in the future.

As the title of this thread indicates, this game will be bland... is in not too much flavor. Sure I'll try to spice things up a bit in the day/night results, but just as a warning, don't get your hopes up for the next great American novel to be found here. Alright, now that I've got the disclaimer out of the way, here's the roles/rules and other stuff:

Roles:
2 wolves
1 sorcerer
1 seer
1 tinker
4 villagers

Rules:
The wolves can PM each other (CC me) or use the Cassie chat system (preferred). They need to submit a night order of who they would like to kill.

The sorcerer submits a night order to view a person suspected of being the seer. Results will be "seer/not seer". This person can also submit an anonymous message for me to post in the game thread. This needs to be clearly marked for I will be copying the message verbatim via copy and paste. Other than that, the message can be whatever you'd like it to be.

The seer submits a night order to view a person suspected of being evil. Results will be "good/evil". This person can also submit an anonymous message for me to post in the game thread. This needs to be clearly marked for I will be copying the message verbatim via copy and paste. Other than that, the message can be whatever you'd like it to be.

The tinker will show as evil to the seer and as seer to the sorcerer, but otherwise be one of the regular villagers. This will be a hidden role for one of the villagers.

The villagers... well they're villagers.

Win Conditions:
Good side kills both wolves.
Wolves achieve parity with villagers.

Full role revealed upon death whether by lynch or night kill.

Tie-breaker is Longest Held Vote.

Voting will end at 4:00 pm BGG time. Lynch will be as close as possible to that time, but considering I'll still be at work, it might be delayed until 4:15 pm when I get off work. Night orders need to be in ASAP after voting ends. With no special and/or hidden rules, roles, etc., whoever is winning the vote when voting ends will be lynched.

I think that's it. If the game fills before Monday, I'll start the game early, but lynch will still be on Monday at 4:00 pm BGG time (long Day 1).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06 or ASAP
Player List According to Cassandra:
7ofAnn
bluebehir
bluekingzog
deborahjeanne
dkromm
JCWid
jwandke
shadows bane
Shugyosha

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1390...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Assume no roles revealed?

Or since no Priest, will roles be revealed?

Also: Seer: Evil/Non-Evil or Wolf/Non-Wolf?

And further:
A Seer with a Bodyguard that doesn't have to reveal to show his views sounds highly tilted toward the village to me.

(and as for signing up, I want to see how engulfing my current games just starting will be - especially Indiana Jones...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
shugyosha wrote:
Assume no roles revealed?

Or since no Priest, will roles be revealed?

Also: Seer: Evil/Non-Evil or Wolf/Non-Wolf?

And further:
A Seer with a Bodyguard that doesn't have to reveal to show his views sounds highly tilted toward the village to me.

(and as for signing up, I want to see how engulfing my current games just starting will be - especially Indiana Jones...)


Sorry meant to put that about roles, but forgot. Yes full role reveal upon death.

Seer is evil/not-evil (or good/evil as I posted above).

When I created the game, I went back and forth about having the bodyguard. Your post just made me decide finally to remove it. There will be 5 villagers with 1 being the tinker instead of 1 bodyguard and 4 villagers with one being the tinker.

I've changed the rules post to reflect these changes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Hey, I have some useful tips for you about using Cassandra, but first, I think I should mention 2 things:

Firstly, will there be role reveal on death?

And secondly, I was informed during the running of the game that I screwed up the Tinker role slightly. The tinker is also supposed to look like the seer to the sorceror as well as looking like a wolf to the seer.

As for using Cassandra, it's mostly easy. When the game starts, use the random role generator, activate the voting system, activate the warning system, activate the communucation system, then remember to post [dawn]. The communication system is fairly simple, but the one thing that it doesn't tell you straight away, is that the Mod Chat button will use the colours and settings specified for the mod and the first player in the list. It reminds you when you click the button, so you have a chance to remember. When creating the wolf room, just remember to add both players to the room.

When it comes to lynch time, make sure to post [dusk], but make sure that the post happens at 4:01 or jusr after, and not at 4:00. Post a time check message if you're not sure. then go to Cassandra, click retrieve final vote tally. then wait about 2 minutes, look in the thread, then post the lynch. It's probably a good idea to set a deadline on night orders, so that people know how long they have to make the decision. When morning comes, remember to post [dawn] again, as well as the kill message for Cassandra.

If you're going to be using a Tinker, it's usually best if the tinker doesn't know they are one. You'll need to put an extra villager into the role randomizer, and then manually (i.e. roll a dice) to see who is the tinker. Then click the pencil nexxt to that player's name, and add a message to the comment field.

That's about it, really, Some of the others might be able to give you more advice...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
So seer WILL see the Sorceror as evil?

Hmmm, interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Lardarse wrote:
Hey, I have some useful tips for you about using Cassandra, but first, I think I should mention 2 things:

Firstly, will there be role reveal on death?

And secondly, I was informed during the running of the game that I screwed up the Tinker role slightly. The tinker is also supposed to look like the seer to the sorceror as well as looking like a wolf to the seer.

As for using Cassandra, it's mostly easy. When the game starts, use the random role generator, activate the voting system, activate the warning system, activate the communucation system, then remember to post [dawn]. The communication system is fairly simple, but the one thing that it doesn't tell you straight away, is that the Mod Chat button will use the colours and settings specified for the mod and the first player in the list. It reminds you when you click the button, so you have a chance to remember. When creating the wolf room, just remember to add both players to the room.

When it comes to lynch time, make sure to post [dusk], but make sure that the post happens at 4:01 or jusr after, and not at 4:00. Post a time check message if you're not sure. then go to Cassandra, click retrieve final vote tally. then wait about 2 minutes, look in the thread, then post the lynch. It's probably a good idea to set a deadline on night orders, so that people know how long they have to make the decision. When morning comes, remember to post [dawn] again, as well as the kill message for Cassandra.

If you're going to be using a Tinker, it's usually best if the tinker doesn't know they are one. You'll need to put an extra villager into the role randomizer, and then manually (i.e. roll a dice) to see who is the tinker. Then click the pencil nexxt to that player's name, and add a message to the comment field.

That's about it, really, Some of the others might be able to give you more advice...


Thanks for the tips. They'll come in handy.

Full role reveals upon death whether by lynch or night kill.

I've also updated the tinker's role description above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
shugyosha wrote:
So seer WILL see the Sorceror as evil?

Hmmm, interesting.


Well, he is evil.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Cassie can handle a secret tinker. I saw that as an option setting my game up.

I've never seen the Tinker pinging the Sorceror too. I have always regarded the Tinker as a balancer to help evil not thwart either side.

I agree with the rest of Greg's advice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
shugyosha wrote:
I've never seen the Tinker pinging the Sorceror too. I have always regarded the Tinker as a balancer to help evil not thwart either side.

Never? That's how I usually see it used with it much less comonly used the other way.

And riot, your roleset is rather incredibly unbalanced toward evil... Have you looked at the balance yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
I probably wasn't looking hard enough...

It was RoyalFlush who told me that I screwed up the tinker role. So ask him...

And most of that advice is from you originally
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Bah... It's been a bad day for crossposting...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Royalflush wrote:
Never? That's how I usually see it used with it much less comonly used the other way.

And riot, your roleset is rather incredibly unbalanced toward evil... Have you looked at the balance yet?


Do you mean the Game Balance Creator? Here's a link for that.

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/balance/v...

It showed that I need more evil characters, but at 0.25 I thought that was close enough. It also shows that I don't have a "total wolf" for lack of better words at 0.9, which I also thought was close enough. I couldn't quite figure out how to place the tinker, so that's my best guess on that front.

I'm welcome to any ideas or thoughts anyone has about the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
Quote:
I need more evil characters, but at 0.25 I thought that was close enough. It also shows that I don't have a "total wolf" for lack of better words at 0.9



you guys are nerds.


forget balance and all that foolishness, just add a lot of roles and have fun!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
jwandke wrote:
you guys are nerds.


forget balance and all that foolishness, just add a lot of roles and have fun!


I prefer the term "computer geek", but whatever...

The game is still on, and I'm not planning to change anything else...

...so sign up!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Ok, I'm a glutton for punishment, and I'm going to give WW one more chance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
if deborahjeanne is in, I am in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
jwandke wrote:
if deborahjeanne is in, I am in.


Well how special! Do I know you?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
no.

but play a couple more games and you'll start to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
I'm in. Probably my last before Xmas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
jwandke wrote:
if deborahjeanne is in, I am in.

You know, you're not showing up on the list, I'm guessing because you didn't go through cassie.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
the werefriendship is never going to get off the ground if i don't do my part.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
I just signed up on Cassandra. Newbie player count me in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Tomei
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Re: Bland 9-player WW game - starts 12-11-06
I just signed up on Cassandra. and i hope i can play... yeah... new player here! :-? also, how do you post and where do you "chat"? i'm really a nube so any help would be EXTREMELY welcome.

how do you play anyway?...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.