Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Rankin
United States
Frazier Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or are other people addicted to putting together the Pirates Miniatures. I have probably a hundred boats that I have put together and I can't get enough. I haven't even played the game yet. I have all these boats just waiting for battle, but alas they have yet to have a bottle of champagne to chrisom them as the leave port for the first time. Please let me know if you to are addicted to putting these beauties together. Almost as addictive as Lego's.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have acquired an insane number of these ostensibly to use as cheap miniatures for naval battles. At last count, I have assembled 170 ships and no duplicates. I've never played PoSM and played using my naval rules six times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto here. My 7 and 3 year-old sons and I love putting these things together and setting them, but not so much playing the game . . .

I've been trying to collect enough of the right ones so that I could combine the ships with the game Fighting Sail to play some of the Scenarios. I set up the Battle of Lake Erie and realized that I'll have to make a much larger map.

It can be difficult since so many of the Pirates ships are fore-and-aft rigged rather than square rigged, but they sure look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Heck yes. I've played it a lot, but not as much as can justify my (continued) collecting of these little boats. My Fiancee's dad has only played once or twice but still collects them. I love these little boats. In fact, i ordered 2 packs to start, played the game...then went to the local comic book shop and my friend and i both dropped like $30 on packs of it and the 4 expansions.

I don't think Wizkids cares if you use their rules, honestly. As long as you buy their ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamontagne
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now, the Vickings are coming to town....must buy more ships robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Rankin
United States
Frazier Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought some Pirates: Mysterious Islands and low and behold I opened a pack with the Nautilus...rejoice. Submarines are more fun to put together then boats. Boat building addicts must buy some Mysterious Islands packs. Now all I need is Captain Nemo.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agha Ahsan
United States
Los Altos Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer playing to building, due to the small parts and my butter fingers. But getting new ships is always a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.