United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
I had previously taught one of my employees how to play Blue Moon, and he had 3 games under his belt with the base races. I brought in all the decks today, and at lunch, we sat down for a quick game.

Braedon took the Terrah deck, and I grabbed the Khind. The game started off poorly for me. I had an initial draw of only character cards, and I got hit by a few "You must play a booster or support card or retreat" type cards in 2 of the first 3 fights. I was able to play down a big no gang combo that got the game back on my side with with a 2 dragon fight. The game went badly for Braedon from that point on. I was up 1 dragon and had some really good luck with how the gangs came into my hand. I was also able to nullify two very large fights by discarding or ignoring characters of his. The game ended when Braedon ran out of cards. I ended up winning with 3 dragons on my side.

I think we will play a lot more in the future. Braedon is a recovering Magic player, and he likes the idea of having a game with a fixed cost. He plays really well, and understand hand management quite well. I think he will enjoy some of the more complex decks in Blue Moon as it will be closer to his Magic playing days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm one of those recovering M:TG people and I can't even tell you how happy I've been with Blue Moon.

Thanks for the session report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Glorioso
United States
Wexford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a reocvering Magic player trying to rediscover Magic. Me likes Blue Moon but oh the possibilities in Magic...the combinations, how much mana do I need....Will these colors and cards work together...wait a minute.....did i remind you of the smell of new cards? Almost as fresh and exciting as a new car.
Maybe I can just play with the ready to play 60 card decks......
I can smell them now...
Must
Go
TO
STORE

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.