Popular Tags: [View All]
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read about Attacktix for the first time today. I'm not disparaging the game in any way when I say I used to play this game 25 years ago.

The only difference is that we used the entire living room floor as our battlefield, Kenner action figures as our troops, and golf balls as our weapon. Take turns rolling the golf ball back and forth. Last figure standing was the winner.

It really was a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
Just read about Attacktix for the first time today. I'm not disparaging the game in any way when I say I used to play this game 25 years ago.

The only difference is that we used the entire living room floor as our battlefield, Kenner action figures as our troops, and golf balls as our weapon. Take turns rolling the golf ball back and forth. Last figure standing was the winner.

It really was a fun game.

Reminds me of a commercial

Guy walks in a house: " THe clapper? That was my idea! But I didn't get a patent!"

Guy in his front yard: "Roller blades were my idea, but I didn't have a patent!"

Man, that commercial cracks me up. Yeah, some 35 year old guy was the first guy in the world with the idea for inline skates, considering that Ice Skates existed for many a year.

But otherwise:

YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PATENT!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes I played this game about 25 years ago as well. Only we used our action figures and stategically placed them all over so that a portion of there body was exposed and used a rubber band gun to shoot at them and knock them down. Obviously whoever shoots down all of the opponents figures first is the winner. Only thing is we didn't move our figures around they stayed in one spot and we took turns shooting at one anothers figures. Pretty fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We shot a rubberband with our hands (no gun, although that would have been cool), and we had a big shooter marble that you could fling for your artillery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sloan
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Little Wars, by H.G. Wells, is similar in some ways too, and that's even older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.