Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wilder
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one getting frequent connection errors today? I'm no web expert, but it looks like there's just a lot of traffic...

The message I see:
My ERROR [256] SQLConnection::Connect() Could not connect to master server: User 'gamegeek' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 150)
Fatal error in line 129 of file /var/www/public_html/SQLConnection.php, PHP 5.1.6 (Linux)
Aborting...

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.8 running on Windows XP. I'm PRETTY sure I saw it with IE7 at home, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that today, but only once. It was the first time I had ever seen such an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting it too... but I don't see anything blocking out process and backing up the commands - could be just a lot more pages going out today simultaneously. I can bump up the numbers and see if that helps out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've found one of the issues - there's a table locking problem. I'll try to fix it later tonight - it requires the whole site to be taken down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I been having problems connecting to the geek. I had to directly put in the address for Wallace to get here. On one my systems I get connection refused and my other system I get unable to connect. this is using FF 2.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - I screwed something up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its working perfectly now Thank You Aldie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.