Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the option of getting a starter box of No Quarter, Strange Vistas, or Shifting Tides. Which is the better starters? I won't be getting boosters probably, just starters. Is the game still ok just out of starters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Weapon wrote:
I have the option of getting a starter box of No Quarter, Strange Vistas, or Shifting Tides. Which is the better starters? I won't be getting boosters probably, just starters. Is the game still ok just out of starters?

Starters are okay to get a taste for the game. I'm tempted to be harsher than that but my perspective may be whack because I've been spoiled by years of constructed play (I still play regularly).

SV and ST starter boxes have only two factions each, so you will repeat boxes. Best is to go with NQ since you'll get more different factions in the box.

- d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
Weapon wrote:

Starters are okay to get a taste for the game. I'm tempted to be harsher than that but my perspective may be whack because I've been spoiled by years of constructed play (I still play regularly).

SV and ST starter boxes have only two factions each, so you will repeat boxes. Best is to go with NQ since you'll get more different factions in the box.

- d

Sweet, cause thats what I ordered. It was like 12 bucks for a starter box, not bad. I didn't really need more than a taste, I'm already head deep (or more) in MTG for years, and have all sorts of other CCGs lying around. I just was gonna get a starter box when I got a Hecatomb booster box. Thanks for theinfo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.