Subject: What happens at Kantshou? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Rule-Query [+] [View All]
Marc Perkins
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
I'm a bit confused regarding the events that take place after scoring Kantshou. The rules say "After the intermediate scoring, the playing pieces on the scoring spaces are placed in Kantshou." This sounds as though you're supposed to remove all pieces that have reached the Kantshou scoring spaces (1-6) and place them in the city area; is that correct? If so, how does play continue?

My best guess is this: The first player to continue (the player to the left of the person who reached Kantshou's #1 spot) only needs to pay the resources required to place in the first location after Kantshou (i.e., one caravan leader), regardless of where they were when the Kantshou scoring took place (as long as they were on one of the numbered spaces). Then, assuming the first player placed their piece, the second player would need to pay to place their piece ahead of the first player (i.e., one caravan leader), and the third player would need to pay to place their piece ahead of the second player (i.e., two of the same goods, assuming both the first and second players placed), and so on. If a player was not in one of the numbered Kantshou scoring spots when Kantshou was scored, then they are required to pay the resources to move to Katnshou's #1 space (as normal), but then are immediately placed into Kantshou (scoring spot #6) and may continue placing as normal from there.

The way I'm reading this, it sounds like this rule allows all the slower players to skip the expensive scoring spots at Kantshou that were in front of them when someone reached Kantshou.

Does this sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens in Kantshou...

Stays in Kantshou
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Marc, you're basically right, and I think you've got all the details right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.