Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Cabins are now sold out, but if you make your own arrangements you can still join in the fun for $250/person ($175 for children under 12) by purchasing the "Badge-Only" items at the BGG store link below (deadline March 1st).

Edit: This just in: Stephen Buonocore from Stronghold Games will be joining us on the cruise!
BGG@SEA FINAL HOURS! Stronghold Games! Terraforming Mars!

We're going on a cruise! We're now ready to start taking deposits. Don't worry, all funds are fully-refundable up to a certain point (see below).

Where and when are we going?
We'll be sailing on Royal Caribbean's newest and largest ship, the Harmony of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale, FL on March 18th, 2017:

Day Port Arrive Depart Activity

18-Mar Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM
19-Mar Nassau, Bahamas 7:00 AM 2:00 PM Docked
20-Mar Cruising
21-Mar Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 10:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked
22-Mar Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked
23-Mar Cruising
24-Mar Cruising
25-Mar Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:15 AM

How much will it cost?
We've negotiated group pricing for a variety of cabin types. Keep in mind that the prices below are 100% inclusive of all taxes, port fees and gratuities. We've also built in a modest fee to cover our expenses in putting this on and getting a decent selection of the game library on-board the ship.

Stateroom Category Total for 5 Total for 6 Total for 7 Total for 8 Quantity
Royal Family Suite (FS) $10,900 $12,200 $13,400 $14,700 0
Stateroom Category Total Solo Total for 2 Total for 3 Total for 4 Quantity**
Owners Suite (GS) $13,300 $13,700 $15,600 $17,600 0 (0)
Grand Suite (GS) $6,500 $6,900 $8,100 $9,400 0 (0)
Junior Suite (JS) $4,700 $5,100 $6,300 $7,600 0 (0)
Balcony (D4/D8) $2,900 $3,300 $4,600 $5,600 0 (0)
Interior (K/N) $2,200 $2,600 $3,800 $4,800 0 (0)
** Quantity shows how many cabins we have left unclaimed in our block of 100. The number in parenthesis is how many are available for triple/quad occupancy.

Right now we are only asking for a $500 deposit for each single/double occupancy stateroom and $1,000 deposit for triple/quad occupancy. We need to get as many deposits as possible as early as possible so we can keep the right amount of space reserved for us. You are also encouraged to put in your deposit early as stateroom selection will be done in that order. You're certainly welcome to make full payment now as well if you'd like, and it is fully refundable (based on the schedule below). Full payment will be due no later than Wednesday, January 4th, 2017.

We think this pricing is pretty competitive, but if you choose to make stateroom arrangements yourself you can still join our event for a fee of $250 per person. One thing to keep in mind, the first prices you see online generally don't include the following: (which are already built into our stateroom prices)
Taxes, Fees, Port Expenses: $110.22 per person
Pre-Paid Gratuities: $84.00 per person (or $99.75 for FS & GS)

Uh oh, I need a refund. How much will I get back?
Use the table below to determine how much you will receive based on when you request a refund.

Is today... Refund Amount
On or after Mar 8th, 2017 Sorry, no refund
On or after Feb 14th, 2017 50% of total price
On or after Jan 5th, 2017 100% of total price* less $500 deposit
Before Jan 5th, 2017 100% of total price*
*less 2.5% processing fee if more than 60 days since payment

Ok, how do I get in on this?
Simply to go the Geek Store and buy the "Stateroom Deposit" item for the category you wish to reserve. At some point before January 4th, 2017 you will also need to purchase a "Remainder Single/Double/Triple/Quadruple Occupancy" item for that same category. Every reservation must be paid for by purchasing both a "Deposit" item and a "Remainder" item, the latter of which varies based on the number of occupants in the stateroom.

Again, please put in your deposits now as we have to give Royal Caribbean these deposits to reserve the space, and also because you will be able to select your actual stateroom in order of deposit received. And also because inventory is limited, especially in the suite categories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG@SEA 2017 Book Now!
Deposit made!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
That is a big jump in price for the suites. I presume it is the time of year, not that they are putting fewer of them on the new ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
That is a big jump in price for the suites. I presume it is the time of year, not that they are putting fewer of them on the new ships.

Yeah, it's a combination of time of year, brand new ship, departure port, ports of call - all of them are at a premium over the 2015 and 2016 cruises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Deposit made!

Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:

Same here.

Save a slot of time to finish a full game of Panamax this time. I have a copy now, so I'll actually know the rules.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did this itinerary last year on Harmony's sister ship Allure. We had a great time, and this class of ship is fantastic, and for us definitely lived up to the hype.

The Ft. Lauderdale cruise port is less than 10 minutes from the airport, which has worked out great for us.

The facility Royal Caribbean built for getting on and off of these ships is extremely well done. While serving the largest ships, we were on and off faster than any of the smaller ships we've been on. We went back to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise later in the year hoping we'd get the same facility for another ship (Vision) but unfortunately they still use the older facility for those ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say all inclusive does that mean booze as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baker996 wrote:
When you say all inclusive does that mean booze as well?

Nope, if you want anything besides lemonade, water, or milk it is extra (even for pop / soda)

What it includes is gratuities, port fees, and taxes (and maybe other things)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootstrap wrote:
xenongames wrote:

Same here.

Save a slot of time to finish a full game of Panamax this time. I have a copy now, so I'll actually know the rules.

Dave

It's a deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions, due to our diamond loyalty status, we'll save a few hundred bucks by booking our room on our own.

Do we still need to deposit $500 to you, as well as booking our stateroom directly with RCCL? That would 'double deposit' us since, we have to give the cruise line one. Or do we have to buy the 2 badges now for the $500?

Do the badges get the same refund policy?

Are badges limited in number? IE, can we wait before buying them since we will already have a room deposit down.

And finally, can we tell RCCL that we're part of the BGG event even though we booked on our own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Some questions, due to our diamond loyalty status, we'll save a few hundred bucks by booking our room on our own.

Do we still need to deposit $500 to you, as well as booking our stateroom directly with RCCL? That would 'double deposit' us since, we have to give the cruise line one. Or do we have to buy the 2 badges now for the $500?

Do the badges get the same refund policy?

Are badges limited in number? IE, can we wait before buying them since we will already have a room deposit down.

And finally, can we tell RCCL that we're part of the BGG event even though we booked on our own?

If you are making your own cabin arrangements you do not need to deposit with us. You only need to purchase the "badge-only" items. Refund policy is the same.

Badges are limited in number, but it shouldn't be a problem, at least based on 2015's numbers.

We should be able to add you to our dining group if you like but you won't be able to do any BGG@SEA-exclusive group shore excursions (not that we're definitely going to have any, but if we do, that is one restriction I was made aware of).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the advance notice on this one; gives enough time to save for the trip.

Now to convince my wife that she wants to go on a gaming cruise...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Muscat
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
I like geese
mbmbmbmbmb
My deposit is deposited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the posted prices include the badge and your charging $250 to those who don't go through you but want a badge, is it possible to deduct $250 from the 2 person column if your spouse will not be gaming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richardson
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Booked! The lady and I will see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingmaker fan wrote:
Since the posted prices include the badge and your charging $250 to those who don't go through you but want a badge, is it possible to deduct $250 from the 2 person column if your spouse will not be gaming?

Unfortunately that won't work with our arrangements, but you may want to see this comment from when it came up last year:
Re: BGG@SEA Taking Deposits. Join us for a gaming cruise!

I know of at least one couple who came in 2015 intending for one of them to not be in the gameroom much at all but booked the package deal just in case and ended up spending a lot more time gaming together - a convert in the making!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lili Private
msg tools
mb
Thinking about it ... how close to sail dates is finally decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dawn
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
kingmaker fan wrote:

Unfortunately that won't work with our arrangements, but you may want to see this comment from when it came up last year:
Re: BGG@SEA Taking Deposits. Join us for a gaming cruise!

I know of at least one couple who came in 2015 intending for one of them to not be in the gameroom much at all but booked the package deal just in case and ended up spending a lot more time gaming together - a convert in the making!

Well ... it hasn't happened in 32 years but I suppose there is always hope! Not a complete deal maker breaker. Definitely considering.

Edit was to strike maker and insert breaker shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michariella wrote:
Thinking about it ... how close to sail dates is finally decision?

Final decision is effectively the same as full payment due date: Wednesday, January 4th, 2017.

Of course, if we sell out before then, that changes things. I imagine we'll announce here if that is getting close to happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you already booked (and I hope you're subscribed to this thread at least, if not the whole forum so you see this message...), I've sent out confirmation emails and links to the registration form for all currently placed orders. If you didn't get an email from me today, please let me know at:
jeff@boardgamegeek.com

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a 10-story water slide?

Here's a cool article about the ship they're building for us, including some interesting construction photos:

New world's largest cruise ship to have monster slide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Thurlow
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most expensive booze package is $60. Not too shabby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con
mbmbmbmbmb
acediamond1013 wrote:
Most expensive booze package is $60. Not too shabby.

You realize that's per day, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Thurlow
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not...lol. Thanks for the heads up.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.