Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fahey
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife played Mounted Charge against me but used the option to order any one unit (since she had no mounted units). I had 3 mounted units and a Counter Attack card so my question is if I had played it would I get to order several mounted units as if I had played Mounted Charge myself, or just to order one unit because that's the 'order' she gave and that seems to be what Counter Attack allows when taken most literally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging from my experience with Memoir 44, counterattack duplicates the command card, not the option chosen by your opponent. So you can use the card in any way that is permissible for your force at the moment. In case of a mounted charge, you must order cavalry as long as you have some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say duplicate the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the Counter Attack card as allowing you to play the same Command Card as your opponent just played, rather than the exact same order'. So I feel, in the example above, you could use it to order your cavalry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Counter-Attack duplicates your opponent's card indeed. You could order your cavalry indeed
eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Further question on same subject: Some Lore spells are played instead of the Command Card (e.g. Onslaught). If I play such a spell and my opponent responds with Counter-Attack, does he duplicate the spell?

I think not, as it would be a pretty cheap trick, but I wanted to check...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this one was covered in one of the other rules forums here - and the answer is no it doesn't cover Lore cards used instead of Command Cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fahey
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I didn't play the Counter Attack at the time but had my own Mounted Charge and it swung the battle in my favor making it 2 wins to me vs 0 for my wife which has thrown some doubt on when our 3rd game will be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.