Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears from the rules that the trigger for allowing the Super Hero(es) to challenge a Mastermind is the Mastermind's declaration that he is attempting a Master Plan. The rules state, too, that once he has achieved all his Master Plans, a Mastermind can no longer attempt Master Plans (although he can still choose Scheming Actions).

Now, once a Mastermind has completed all his Master Plans, how can the Superhero(es) challenge him, since that mechanic seems to be tied to stopping the Master Plan? Can he just challenge him any time the Mastermind chooses a scheming action? Anytime it is a Mastermind Headline?

And whatever response there is, please point me to the rule(s) I'm missing.

Thanks,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anwar Dalati
Germany
Hamburg-Altona
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

since you are NOT missing any rules, I can't point them out.

Once a Mastermind has completed all three stages of his masterplan, taking a master plan action is no longer an option. On the other hand, you don't have to challenge him anymore, as he can't progress any further.

And really, when the plan is complete the game should be over very soon. Indeed I haven't seen ANY master plan complete yet (stage 2 at the most).

- Anwar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the third part is -5 VP, YOUR game is probably over the second the mastermind finishes his master plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Had i looked at all the MP cards, i would have seen. Thanks, folks, for the help!

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anwar Dalati
Germany
Hamburg-Altona
flag msg tools
mb
Trump wrote:
Since the third part is -5 VP, YOUR game is probably over the second the mastermind finishes his master plan.

Actually this may, in a very far-fetched scenario, PROLONG the game. If everyone's mastermind finishes his plan, all players will have -5 VP. And as most victory conditions are tied to VP this may actually prolong it.

- Anwar

PS: In a slightly more realistic scenario, the LEADING player may get dropped 5 VP, also leading to a longer game (but as the second best is usually not way behind, this might not make much of an effect overall).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

And this very thing happened to me later today after my earlier posting. NOW I see first hand how it works. D(shakecryblush

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.