Popular Tags: [View All]
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've played the board game and the app now. (Been a while for the board game though...)

Is there a list somewhere of all the things that are done differently between the two - I looked and couldn't find it if there was. As I play the app more - I want to know clearly what is different so I don't screw-up royally on the tabletop.

I know the command cards are done differently - what else?

(And thanks! Also - if there is a list already made - would appreciate being pointed in the right direction!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea! I think maybe I'll start compiling a list tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Citadel Guard's Superior Tactics ability works differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:

Aside from the fact that you don't get to choose to commit the dice one way or the other (which is true for all combat rolls), how does it differ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Aside from the fact that you don't get to choose to commit the dice one way or the other (which is true for all combat rolls), how does it differ?
From what I recall, it triggers on a different result.

[edit] confirmed: it triggers on "special"; the game does not openly differentiate between strike and cleave "hits".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
sdiberar wrote:

I haven't looked at the percentages, but it's possible that in the app, Superior Tactics works as a "heroic" result instead of an alternate for sword, which could potentially lead to more damage? (Maybe not, I haven't done the math).

The "Frenzy" ability for Blood Harvesters is also not optional anymore - which is a pretty big strategic change since you can't choose not to kill yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new terrain type in the app, basically big rocks/towers/etc that block movement AND line of sight. They are like buildings, but you can't enter them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
There's a new terrain type in the app, basically big rocks/towers/etc that block movement AND line of sight. They are like buildings, but you can't enter them.

Additionally, there are no hills
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also some twists to victory. Instead of it being to 16 VP all the time, there are some special scenarios where different things happen. One I like is the "orbs of power" or whatever they are called, where you are trying to collect 3 from each spot before the other. Forces you to not focus too much on just one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is movement any different? (Again - I can't recall the tabletop version) - but, in the app, I noticed in the tutorial that I couldn't move through one of my own units. Is movement the same in the tabletop version?

EDIT - NEVERMIND! It's the same! From the rules: A unit cannot move into or through a hex containing another unit or impassible terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe the Chaos Lord moves 2 hexes instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys! Get ready for a wall of text!

Differences between BattleLore: Second Edition (BLSE) and BattleLore: Command (BLC)

Setup
In BLC, you do not gain a lore for each muster point you didn't spend. Those muster points are just lost. In BLSE, you may trade up to 5 muster points for 1 lore each.

Command Cards
The most obvious difference is command cards. In BLSE, you begin by drawing 6 command cards from a deck of command cards and choosing 4 to keep. Throughout the game, you will play one command card and draw another at the end of your turn. You will always have 4 command cards to choose from and always have the option of discarding 1 to move a single unit.

In BLC, you have 3 different sources of command cards: captain, wizard, and scout. These are represented by icons at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on each icon brings up a different list of commands. The captain menu include the following 7 commands:
(3-0-0)
(2-1-0)
(0-2-0)
(1-2-1)
(1-1-1)
(0-1-2)
(0-0-3)
After using one of these command cards, they are exhausted and unavailable to use until you refresh them with the Refresh card under the scout menu. Refresh allows you to order a single unit and refresh your general command cards. The other scout card, Regroup, allows you to move 2 units but they may not attack. The scout command cards are never exhausted. The wizard command card very depending on the units you mustered. These cards allow you to order a particular unit type and get a special effect with that unit. These cards are all limited to one use per game. The wizard cards are a mixture of command cards and lore cards imported from BLSE and include the following:

Onslaught – Order 3 Infantry Melee units. Their movement is increased by 1. In BLSE, you move 3 Infantry units and after they move, each ordered unit may move 1 additional hex. This allows you to move through blocking terrain. Additionally, it works on archers and casters since so far those units are all infantry. In BLC, the net movement is the same, but you can’t go through blocking terrain. Additionally, this command only works on Citadel Guards and Blood Harvesters in BLC. This is a command card in BLSE.

Darken the Skies – Order 3 Archer units. They may make an additional attack. In BLSE, the ordered archers only get an additional attack if they do not move. This is a command card in BLSE.

Mounted Charge – Order 3 Cavalry units. Their combat value increases by 1. This card does not exist in BLSE.

Crushing Blow – Order 2 Rune Golems. Their combat value increases by 3. In BLSE, you order 1 Rune Golem in addition to the orders on your command card. Then you add 3 dice to each of that Rune Golem’s combat rolls this turn. This is a lore card in BLSE.

Take to the Skies – Order 2 Flying units. They may move to any hex on the battlefield. In BLSE, after a Roc Warrior moves, you choose a unit in a hex that the Roc Warrior moved through and place it in any unoccupied space up to 2 hexes from the Roc Warrior. This is a lore card in BLSE.

Predator – Order 2 Cavalry units. Their combat value and movement increase by 1. In BLSE, you choose any ordered unit and roll 4 dice. For each strike or cleave result, the chosen unit may move 1 additional hex. This is a lore card in BLSE.

Cannibalize – Order 2 Obscenes. If they destroy an enemy unit, they recover all health. In BLSE, this is a lore card you play after an Obscene eliminates an enemy unit. It only works on 1 Obscene while the BLC version potentially gives you 2 recovers, but in BLSE, you play this when you know you’ve destroyed an enemy unit, so the recovery is guaranteed. This is a lore card in BLSE.

Lord of Chaos Order a Chaos Lord Its movement is increased by 1 and gains an additional attack. In BLSE, after the opponent’s command step, a friendly Chaos Lord unit may move up to 1 hex and perform an attack. This is a lore card in BLSE.

Terrain
BLSE consist of the following terrain: Hills, Forests, Rivers, Fords, Bridges, Buildings, Barricades, Blood Fields, Crystal Spires, and Command Tents.
BLC uses Bridges, Fords, Buildings, Forests, Impassable (rocks, usually), Walls, and Water.
Forests, Rivers (Water), Fords, Bridges, and Buildings all work the same. Impassable terrain blocks line of sight while walls do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lore Step
During the lore step, you gain lore and new lore cards. A fundamental difference between the two games is that the lore step is your first phase in BLC but is your last phase in BLSE. In BLSE, this step gives you an option: you may gain 2 lore, gain 1 lore and draw one lore card, or draw 2 lore cards and then discard 1 from your hand. In BLC, you always gain 1 lore and draw 1 lore card.

Lore Cards (BLSE) and Lore Powers (BLC)
In BLSE, you have a deck of 20 lore cards. Some lore cards are repeated, others are not. In BLC, you only have 12 lore powers per faction. I’m not certain if you can run out of lore cards after using all 12. [I've seen the same lore power used in the same scenario, so it seems that your lore powers recycle.] The lore powers included in BLC are as follows:

Assault – In BLSE it adds a strike, pierce, and morale result to each combat roll during the turn. In BLC, the description only shows swords and flags so I’m not sure if it adds an automatic damage on ranged attacks or not.

Battle Cry – In BLSE you can play this after your opponent’s move step but you can only play it on your turn during the combat phase in BLC.

Enchanted Arrows – In BLSE, your archer units have their maximum range doubled and damage caused by their attacks cannot be ignored (i.e. can’t be blocked by buildings and things). In BLC, archers can hit any hex on the board but the damage is not ignored by other effects. Both games allow archers to ignore blocking terrain and other units.

Overrun – Completely different. BLSE says that friendly units may move through hexes occupied by enemy units and that each time they do, you roll a die and deal damage to that unit if you roll a strike or cleave result. In BLC, ordered Cavalry units gain +1 to combat value and Pursue 1.

Plunder – No changed between BLSE and BLC.

Portal – In BLSE, you place 2 portal tokens on the board within 8 hexes of each other. Those hexes are treated as adjacent for friendly movement. In BLC, you move 1 ordered unit to any hex on the battlefield. Basically, BLC gives you greater distance of travel, but you can only use it on a single unit, whereas BLSE potentially allows you to move more units through the portal but at a shorter distance. Additionally, the BLSE version costs 6 lore while the BLC version costs 7.

Runic Barrier – In BLSE, you play this after your opponent plays a lore card. The lore card is discarded, but your opponent keeps the lore they would have used to pay for it. Since you can only play 1 lore card per turn in BLSE, your opponent cannot play anymore lore cards during their turn. In BLC, the timing is different. You must pay the cost for Runic Barrier at the end of your turn without knowing for sure whether your opponent will use a lore power. If they do use a lore power, they lose the lore they spent to pay for that power. So it’s a stronger effect in BLC, but that’s because the timing makes it an uncertain proposition.

Rune Blade – Completely different. In BLSE you do not roll the normal amount of dice for the attacking unit. Instead, you roll 4 dice and keep at least 1 result (you can keep more if you like them). Then roll any you don’t like and choose at least 1 result to keep. Repeat until you have no more of the 4 dice left to roll. These are the results the attacking unit uses for their attack. In BLC, the attacker gains +2 to their combat value and any lore results generated count as hits.

Stalwart Defenders – It’s worded differently but has the same effect.

Take Aim – In BLSE, you add 1 die to a single ranged attack and may reroll each die once during that attack. In BLC, you choose an ordered range unit and increase its combat value by 1. If the attacker moved, it is twice as likely to generate hits (33% chance to hit instead of 17%).

Valor and Vengance – In BLSE, the target unit must be a knight unit (only Citadel Guards) and you play it after the unit is targeted. In BLC, you play it at the end of your turn but you can choose any unit. Otherwise, the wording is different but the effect is the same (add 2 to combat value and ignore all retreats).

Wall of Steel – In BLSE, you play this card after dice have been rolled against a friendly unit. You split the dice into two groups and the attacker has to choose which group they will choose resolve. They ignore the other group of dice. In BLC, you play this card at the end of your turn (you still have to choose 1 unit) and half of the combat rolls against that unit become misses.

Blood Hunt – Subtle difference. In BLSE, you can choose to use this lore card after a friendly Blood Harvester unit eliminates an enemy unit to move into the hex of the eliminated unit and then perform 1 additional attack. In BLC, you choose an ordered Blood Harvester and it gains Pursue 1. The effect is essentially the same. The part I’m not clear on is whether BLC allows you to play this card after a Blood Harvester has eliminated an enemy unit, before it advances. I don’t think so, but it needs to be double-checked.

Blood Sacrifice – In BLSE you play this after your command step, but in BLC you can play it anytime during the combat phase.

Bone Spurs – It costs 6 in BLSE but you get to choose to play it after your opponent declares the target of a melee attack (so you know it will resolve). Additionally, the BLSE version has a line about the target unit ignoring all damage for that attack, which I believe includes damage caused by retreats if your unit is pinned. Bone Spurs only costs 5 in BLC, but that’s because you must choose your unit at the end of your turn without knowing if it will be attacked or not. However, it works for all melee attacks during your opponent’s next turn instead of just a single attack. I don’t believe damage from being pinned is ignored in BLC.

Chaos of Battle – Completely different. In BLSE, you play this after your opponent plays his command card, before ordering units. You take their command card into your hand and give them one of your command cards to use. In BLC, you play it at the end of your turn and it activates after the opponent’s movement phase, causing all ordered enemy units to move randomly. Of course, you can see how random movement isn’t possible in the board game and how giving command cards isn’t possible in the digital version, so it’s a decent approximation.

Dark Pact – Toned down a bit in BLC. In BLSE, during your order step, you get to order a unit in addition to your what you choose from your command card. Then that unit recovers all health, moves an extra hex, and gains 4 attack dice to each combat roll that turn. It does cost 9 in BLSE. In BLC it only costs 6 and you can use it anytime during your combat phase. The unit recovers all health and its combat value increases by 3. The unit does not have to be an ordered unit.

Death Adder – In BLSE, you play this after a Viper Legion unit poisons an enemy unit to poison 2 units up to 2 hexes away. In BLC, you play this during your combat phase to choose an enemy unit adjacent to a poisoned unit. The chosen unit is poisoned as well. I’d be interested to hear if in an Uthuk vs. Uthuk match you can have a friendly poisoned unit next to an enemy and use this to cause them to be poisoned.

Encircle – In BLSE, each morale result can be committed to cause 2 damage while in BLC each morale result only causes 1 damage. The other difference is that in BLSE you play this after a unit rolls for combat against a unit that is adjacent to 2 or more of your units. In BLC, you choose an enemy unit that is adjacent to at least 2 of your units and all morale results against that unit can cause damage for the whole turn.

Fury of Y’llan – In BLSE, this card costs 5 lore and it adds 3 dice to a friendly units’ attack. Any cleave result can be committed to cause 1 damage. This means that weak units and ranged units can deal damage on an extra face of the die (33% instead of 17%). In BLC, it only costs 4, but is worded such that the unit isn’t considered weak during the attack and its combat value is increased by 3. Curiously, it appears that this would work on multiple attacks for BLC but only a single attack in BLSE.

Pillage – No changes between BLSE and BLC.

Summon Swarm – In BLSE, each of the 3 swarm tokens must be within 2 hexes of a friendly unit. If a unit enters a swarm hex, you roll 2 dice and deal a damage for each cleave and or strike result. In BLC, you can place the swarms anywhere on the battlefield, but a unit entering a swarm hex suffers 1 and only 1 damage.

Unrelenting – Costs 5 in BLSE but you get to order a Flesh Ripper Brute in addition to the units you ordered from your command card. It gets +2 dice during combat and can move an additional hex. In BLC it only costs 4 and it still gets +2 combat value, but it gains Mobility 1 instead of an extra hex of movement.

Unstoppable – In BLSE, you play this when a friendly unit would be eliminated to cause it to counter before the step in which it would be eliminated. In BLC, you play it as a defensive power at the end of your turn, selecting a friendly unit you want to gain the ability. That unit gets to counter before an enemy melee unit rolls for its attack against your chosen unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Units (only units found in both games)
In general, any unit ability that gives you a choice in BLSE is altered for BLC.

Citadel Guard – In BLSE, Superior Tactics is activated by committing a strike result to cause a retreat. In other words, you sacrifice damage to force a retreat. In BLC, they added a new icon for Superior Tactics which activates 17% of the time. The end result is a 33% chance to hit, 33% chance to force a retreat, 17% chance to generate lore, and 16% chance to miss, making these one of the most effective units in terms of generating combat results.

Yeoman Archer – In BLC, when an ordered Yeoman Archer doesn't move during its movement step, it is twice as likely to generate hits.

Riverwatch Rider – No changes between BLSE and BLC.

Rune Golem – No changes between BLSE and BLC.

Roc Warrior – It seems that in BLC, the Flying ability looks at a unit's trait rather than whether the incoming attack is ranged or melee for determining whether a unit rolls one fewer die.

Greyhaven Battlemage – In BLSE, Catalyst allows you to draw 1 lore card and gain 1 lore. In BLC, Catalyst causes you to gain 2 lore; you do not gain an extra lore power. Rune Shield also works differently. In BLSE, it is activated by a heroic result on the die and each heroic result can place a shield token on a friendly unit within 1 hex of the Battlemages. A Greyhaven Battlemage unit can even shield itself. In BLC, if the Greyhaven Battlemage unit moved, all friendly units adjacent to it at the end of the movement phase receive a rune shield. Rune shield also work differently. In BLSE, a unit with a rune shield token ignores 1 damage and then you remove the token. In BLC, a unit with a rune shield ignores 1 damage each combat until the beginning of the Daqan player’s next turn. (The help menu says “until the end of the round,” but this isn’t true because if you are the second player and it happened at the end of the round, you lose the rune shield before your opponent’s next turn, so it would only be useful on counters.)

Ironbound – In BLC, the Ironbound units lose the Armor 1 ability they have in BLSE (ignore 1 damage each combat). Automaton also works differently. In BLSE, you may spend 1 lore to order an Ironbound unit even if it is not in a section included in your command card. However, it counts as one of the activations for that command card. In BLC, you may order an Ironbound without spending lore and you may order 1 ironbound for each section in which you have an ordered unit. Automaton seems to be quite a bit more powerful in BLC.

Blood Harvester – Rage remains the same between each game, but Frenzy is no longer optional in BLC. If you roll a Frenzy result (17% chance) you must damage yourself. Incidentally, if you roll enough sword results to defeat the target unit and roll subsequent Frenzy results, you will still damage yourself since it’s not optional in BLC.

Viper Legion – Small change to the poison mechanic: when attacking a poisoned unit, you cannot choose whether you gain lore or deal damage on a lore result; you always deal damage.

Flesh Ripper Brute – No changes between BLSE and BLC.

Obscene – Obscenes do not have the Ferocity ability in BLC.

Chaos Lord – Big difference! Chaos Lords have a movement speed of 1 in BLSE but 2 in BLC!

Grotesque – In BLSE, Bone Blast allows you to make a ranged attack with a range of 2 instead of advancing. In BLC, you may us Bone Blast to make a range-2 attack if you did not move. This replaces your melee attack. Personally, I feel that this makes Grotesques too inferior to ever use in BLC since in BLSE they have the potential to make 2 attacks in a single round. Also, Bone Blast seems to be considered a melee attack at range rather than a ranged attack.

Doombringer – In BLSE, the Doombringer's Immobilize ability is always active and affects adjacent enemy units during your opponent's move step. In BLC, it only activates on ordered Doombringer's at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DANG! Nice list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't yeomen archers have 33% chance of a hit when they don't move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the order of battles to get to the "cross the wall" and "defend zieholt" scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:

Yep! (In the app)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:

Yep! (In the app)

Crazy! I didn't realize that.

You know, that kinda irks me ... a lot. Viper Legions were already pretty sub-standard but Yeoman Archers had enough merit to be mustered occasionally. Now Yeoman Archers are amazing!

Balance-wise, I'm upset that the Daqan get amazing archers as well as caster units but they're also the faction with a flying creature. The Uthuk have virtually no good way to fight the Roc Warriors since Viper Legion only roll 2 dice (so you might as well go melee, lose one die, and still get 33% chance to hit) and Grotesque's melee nerf is just ... grotesque. Oh well. The Uthuk do get a lot of power, so I shouldn't complain. And the +1 movement to Chaos Lords is beastly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Many people have commented on the boost to the Daqan archers (BL:C didn't ship like that, it was added in an update). They say that they're reskinned machine gun turrets now.

Still, I do think that the Blood Harvesters can be quite frightening as their die rolls go up. If you don't roll enough Morale flags against them, watch out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Many people have commented on the boost to the Daqan archers (BL:C didn't ship like that, it was added in an update). They say that they're reskinned machine gun turrets now.

Oh, I see. I just did a search and found the thread where that was discussed. I didn't get the game until it was released on Steam in March, so I hadn't been keeping up with those discussions. It's an interesting move by FFG to give that to the archers.

Moe45673 wrote:
Still, I do think that the Blood Harvesters can be quite frightening as their die rolls go up. If you don't roll enough Morale flags against them, watch out!

Good point, but they are significantly less scary to me once they're down to 1 unit since they only roll hits half the time and if they get a Frenzy result they kill themselves. Still, lady luck can make them do great things even in desperate situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

I've been doing some testing with Grotesques. There is an odd interaction where a Grotesque using Bone Blast only rolls 2 dice instead of 3 against a Roc Warrior. There are two possible explanations, but I don't think I have enough information to determine the problem.

1) Flying appears to have been changed from the board game: "Melee units have their combat value reduced by 1 while attacking this unit." In the board game's Rules Reference Guide it says, "A unit performing a melee attack rolls one fewer die when performing combat rolls against a unit with the Flying ability." The distinction is subtle, but in effect, since the Grotesque has the Melee trait, it is a melee unit and therefore in BLC, its combat value is reduced by 1 against Flying units no matter what type of attack it is performing.

2) Alternatively, the reduced combat value could be a result of the programming for the Grotesque units. When a Grotesque doesn't move, it automatically gets its chance to hit from 33% down to 17%. What doesn't change is the symbol that generates damage. Even using Bone Blast, Grotesques hit on a sword result instead of a target result. This could mean even though it can attack at range, the attack is programmed as a melee attack and therefore is still affected by Flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
Units
Citadel Guard – In BLSE, Superior Tactics is activated by committing a strike result to cause a retreat. Because there is no strike result in BLC, they added a new icon for Superior Tactics which activates 17% of the time.

The modification is not just cosmetic. In fact it entails a substantial increase of the unit's strength. In the board game, you have to commit a strike for the retreat, so losing a potential hit. This is not the case in the app. There, Citadel Guards simply generate retreat with 33% probability (instead of 17%). Let me also notice that, as far as I can tell, the ad-hoc icon they use in the app for "Superior Tactics" result is not really needed. Basically, it is just a flag. So why is it there? I don't know. Another mystery of the mysterious Terrinoth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
g1ul10 wrote:
Budgernaut wrote:
Units
Citadel Guard – In BLSE, Superior Tactics is activated by committing a strike result to cause a retreat. Because there is no strike result in BLC, they added a new icon for Superior Tactics which activates 17% of the time.

The modification is not just cosmetic. In fact it entails a substantial increase of the unit's strength. In the board game, you have to commit a strike for the retreat, so loosing a potential hit. This is not the case in the app. There, Citadel Guards simply generate retreat with 33% probability (instead of 17%). Let me also notice that, as far as I can tell, the ad-hoc icon they use in the app for "Superior Tactics" result is not really needed. Basically, it is just a flag. So why is it there? I don't know. Another mystery of the mysterious Terrinoth?

You are absolutely right. In essence, they have 33% chance to hit, 33% chance to retreat, 17% chance to generate lore, and 17% chance to miss. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I'll update it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:

Roc Warrior – It seems that in BLC, the Flying ability looks at a unit's trait rather than whether the incoming attack is ranged or melee for determining whether a unit rolls one fewer die.

In the boardgame, what distinguishes a melee from a ranged attack is ONLY the attacking unit's trait (check "melee attack" and "ranged attack" in the Reference Book). So I would say that in this respect there is no difference between the boardgame and the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |