Subject: Pirate Ships = WizKids Ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the online rules, I could not help but notice that the design for the pirate ships in this game seem to be the self-same ships in the WizKids game Pirates of the Spanish Main (plus magnets).

Are these companies in collusion? Are they the SAME company? Or is it simply that there is no patent or IP rights to a design like this. . . or, who knows, people have been making ships like this for centuries and I didn't know it.

Are the ships the same credit-card plastic? Are they bigger than Wizkids's ships? Any LA BGGrs, please respond!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schoenherr
msg tools
mb
I guess they are just inspired by it. Perhaps hoping to cash in a litle on wizkids fame.

Game looks ok, if bit too family oriented for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another germaine question: Do they *break* as easily as the Wizkids's ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Abramowitz
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ships are about 1 inch long - much smaller than PoSM ships. Seems to be some sort of laminated plastic. No reason though to take the ships apart once built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Green
United States
Clearfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine didn't come with ships, so I used the Pirates game ships. Looking at the picture in the Pirate King manual, they're about the same. The Pirates game ships will work fine for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.