Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if, say, the red marker is moved into the ring and nobody is red? Does it get taken off? Or aren't you allowed to do that? I know it would be kinda risky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I think (think, mind you) that if you move the wrong color into the ring, then your opponent wins the ring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I think (think, mind you) that if you move the wrong color into the ring, then your opponent wins the ring.

I don't recall but that sounds like a good way to handle it.

Xe Queo! is one of those gems I have buried in my large game library. A rare bluff and deduction game for 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules imply that you are not allowed to move the wrong piece into the ring:
'There are three ways in which a ring may be won and to end a round:
1: You move your (secret) figure into the ring and reveal the card from the bottom of the deck - which of course must be the same colour - and take the ring...' (taken from the German rules)
The other two winning possibilities are when your opponent had chosen the same colour (he wins) and when you make a guess without moving into the ring (either player wins depending on whether guess is correct).
You can move other pieces right up to the ring but not into it. The ring won't become blocked because other pieces can be jumped over.
Xe Queo is perhaps the 'purest' and best bluff game I've played and I really should play it again having just rummaged around for it to answer this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I think I'll play that you're not allowed to move a wrong one in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.