an an
msg tools
'Mechs that engage in battle with 'Mech piloted by Hohiro
Kurita do not untap as long as Hohiro pilots that 'Mech
and remains tapped.
You may choose to not untap 'Mech piloted by Hohiro
Kurita during your untap phase.

confusing choice of words.

say an enemy blocks my mech attack with hohiro, so during his turn can he untap that mech?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hohiro is piloting a mech. That mech engages in battle for whatever reason - either Hohiro's mech attacked and is being blocked or Hohiro's mech is blocking an opponent's attack.

Thus all mechs in that battle are tapped. Let's assume Hohiro's mech survives the battle. Then in the opponent's next untap phase, those mechs will not untap.
In Hohiro's next untap phase the player may decide not to untap Hohiro's mech. Then on the opponent's next untap phase those mechs will again not be able to untap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Western

Virginia
msg tools
Carsten nailed this, but I thought I'd add this.

The card essentially simulates the idea of a long running, on going battle between Hohiro and some mech. I can see this power being very useful if the opponent has a really boss mech out, Hohiro can survive an attack or block of but not destroy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.