Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a three player game of Heros Inc as a light way to start a well earned weekend. We hadn't anticipated a game of deep strategy but rather a distraction from the heavier game of Liberte later in the day.

And Hero's inc was everything we expected. Some light hearted fun, an opportunity for some very bad role play and something like a Bond movie. Fun, entertaining but never a classic.

I really enjoyed the artwork. Although the characters were not recognisable trademark hero's they were well constructed and presented and there was plenty of roleplay opportunity. There was some discussion over whether the game was well themed overall or not, but certainly had we role played a little more it would have helped. I'll let you decide.

After one game we are never going to know if the hero's balance or not but I enjoyed mine. Pyre was a hot chick, literally, flying and flaming her way to numerous hero points. In contrast, Paragon (?? or some sort of aragon name)was a like a pole in the ground. Where flame lit up the game with her speed and versatility for something like 6 crimes solved, paragon (for lack of a truer name) solved a single crime in the whole game. That said it was paragon's bonus ability of 1 point per game that won me the game.

Without taking you through blow by blow the second to last turn was characterised by my distruction of a critical city block which my opponent had just claimed. This prevented his win and the dice favoured me on the next round and it was all over.

All in all it was a fun distraction and easy to play. I am not sure the rules were at all clear and I know we got a couple of them wrong which effected things. But all in all when you need a break or a distraction Hero's inc may fit the bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanks for the session report, and I'm glad you all enjoyed the game. You're absolutely right about the balance of heroes... some are fast and dangerous, and some specialize in other areas such as bonus card draws, free hero points, play gadget cards for free, and so on.

You also touched on a good point about the end game strategy: it's good to save a power card of some kind - a villain or a Bankruptcy card or something - to prevent an opponent from wining on the last or second-last turn. Because of the way hero points are scored, the second-last turn can often be more important than the last turn in deciding who wins.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the game; I'd be happy to answer them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing you were not playing with the S.U.P.E.R. Expansion. If not, you should consider it. It adds Justice Tokens, which really help to even out the bad dice rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.