Peter Morrison
United States
Lumberton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
When VIKTORY II was first developed, I created some demonstration videos to help gamers understand how movement and combat worked in the game. I also put together a full length demonstration game, so you could know exactly how a game would play out if you had never heard of VIKTORY II before.

Since then, a fan of VIKTORY II created an amazing pair of flash videos that incorporate the same audio as the original demonstration videos, but show movement and combat in a completely different format.

If you go to:

http://www.viktorygame.com/owners.htm

It's under the "VIKTORY II Instructional Flash Videos" heading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VERY nice; I now have a pretty clear idea of the game overall.

But where did the red frigate next to the city that was captured go, in the combat example? I can see that it doesn't take any more part in the turn, so is non-essential. But was it eliminated from the game for some reason that's not evident from the example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Morrison
United States
Lumberton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Good catch. There was an error in the original video that was made, where the green player reinforces the captured mountain city even though there is an adjacent red frigate [adjacent enemy units deny the ability to reinforce during the Reserve Placement Phase].

Since the same audio was used for the flash videos, the only way to "fix" the problem was to just make the red frigate "go away". That's why it got mysteriously eliminated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.