2 Posts

Blue Moon» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First time building decks: Khind vs. Mimix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend's been really keen on trying out built decks, and finally convinced me to give deck-building a try. She put together a Mimix-based deck with a bunch of cards from other decks, mostly the ones that let her draw extra cards or force me to discard cards. I decided to give a Khind-based deck a try, and threw in a couple of the ships from the Buka deck as well as the Armory support card, so I can put more characters onto the ships more quickly. It seems to me like only the Buka and the Khind are likely to get much use out of the ships.

We played several games with these two decks, and I beat her pretty consistently. When I tried playing the stock Terrah deck against her she fared better, I think partly because she doesn't have a good counter-Khind strategy yet and partly because I don't know how to play the Terrah.

The ships really seemed to help the Khind deck. I didn't even need to land them really; just having them out there and being able to sort the gangs onto ships seemed to help a lot.

I also tried building an Aqua deck by pretty much just packing in all the storm boosters from the Terrah deck. Aqua have lots of support cards that mess with their opponents, and the storm support cards mess with opponents.. Pure gold, right? Well, this deck was terrible. Way too many support cards, and I don't know how to deal with all the lopsided Aqua characters yet either.

Score card:
Khind + ships: seems strong; annoying to play against
Cards that force discards: annoying to play against
Aqua plus even more support cards: bad idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
ldd23 wrote:

Aqua plus even more support cards: bad idea

not generally, it's just because the storms are maybe the weakest support cards you can have.

if you build decks with the hyla cards you can deal better with lopsided aquas, but basically you just get the characters out whatever element and wait for "water of life" to recycle them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.