Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Jackson
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night saw the end of Canada's claim to neutrality, and the loss of it's hallowed status as a nation of polite individuals. Whilst full recollection evades my alcohol numbed mind, the highlights are as follows:

Game 1
Moderated by Greglios (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/greglios) (who may remember more of the names as he was sober...

Night fell upon the sleepy Canadian Village, and in the night murder was done...

The villagers awoke and debated.
"Clearly it was the Asians. Asian Werewolves" came a cry.
I was shocked, but fingers were pointed at John our young Asian friend and he was duly lynched...
He was however revealed as a Werewolf. Dead Werewolves 1 False Lynchings 0

Night fell once more and another victim was gruesomely killed.

This time the voices switched track...
"Kill the quiet ones. It's always the quiet ones" came the cry.
And so fingers were pointed again and poor quiet Eli was strung up from the nearest tree...
He was however revealed as a Werewolf. Dead Werewolves 2 False Lynchings 0

Greglios was stunned. The werewolves were not in good shape, 2 of 3 had bitten the dust in as many rounds, never had he seen a game go like this he claimed...

And so with 8 living villagers and 1 sneaky wolf left the outcome looked happy for our village...or so we thought...

Next night another murder and then things went badly...

"Lynch Simon" came the cry...they wanted my blood...
But I'm innocent I said. I've helped you pick two werewolves, surely I'm exonerated.
But with gleeful abandon it was declared that regardless of suspected guilt or innocence it was just too much fun not to personally hang me from a tree...
And so I died...
A Villager...
Dead Werewolves 2 False Lynchings 1

From there the murders continued, as they lynched another loudmouthed friend...
"Kill anyone who spoke too much came the cry..."
Dead Werewolves 2 False Lynchings 2

From there it went further downhill for the village, as they lynched another... and the seer had turned up dead in the morning...
Dead Werewolves 2 False Lynchings 3

And in the end the feast was complete... our hairy friend had won... all lay dead beneath his fury...as Rob was revealed the killer...
and to think my cries had vainly said "Pick Rob, with that beard he must be wolf... had they listened we would have been 3 for 0 and completed the fastest game in history... but it was not to be...

Game 2
Moderated by Me (much to the disappointment of 3 new added players who were itching to murder me...

Highlights were:

The Seer seemed unbelievably omniscient, picking 2 wolves on the first 2 tries, but her powers of persuasion failed her and several villagers died before the wolves were brought to bay...

After one night I left the villagers to discuss and headed for the bathroom. As I was leaving I heard the cry...
"There's still another foreigner alive...kill her off"

And so upon return, the last of 3 English folk was duly strung up from a tree...

Our village it seemed was a seething hotbed of racial angst...foreigners and asians hung high from the mast...the true colours were flown...united nations we were not...

Relationships destructed as girlfriends turned on partners and said...you...it's you.. you'll have to die...and so our good friend Fraser was hoisted aloft by the ire of his woman... but his revenge came later as poor Stef was also suspected and her wolflike form was strung up quickly...

Our last wolf was brought to bay before he could kill of the villagers. He died for being "One of the quiet ones" again... oh dear...

The games complete all smiles were returned and friends embraced. Canada was a multiple culture loving country once more. When poor John challenged bosom friend Lorianne as to her being so quick to string him from the mast she smiled wolfishly and replied... Oh John, I'm so sorry...I think I just became caught up in the moment with the others chanting for you...perhaps I must be drunk...

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simonjauk wrote:

...foreigners and asians hung high from the mast...

Asians not foreigners in Canada? That's somewhat comforting, if a little confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Jackson
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, "Asians" refers to those whose family are of Asian origin, but who were born in Canada and are therefore Canadians, whereas foreigners refer to those of other nationalities who are merely visiting Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.