BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Oops! Game Salute did it again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a package from the mail. When I opened it, I had to think hard what it is about. It contained some dice and a deck of cards in a plastic bag. Hmmm... Then I remembered I pledged square shooter by game salute some time back.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/9-shooter-qu...

Wait a minute! Since when have I pledged a game that is incomplete in production without a decent box?

Why did game salute not inform me before sending it to me and ask me if I want a game without a box? Instead it posted on the comments section after it has sent out the rewards that anyone is free to ask for a refund. The difference is that there will be returns cost involved and is it going to foot that as well?

I am pretty amazed by the comments that it didn't have enough funds to make the boxes. I would have preferred it that they abort the whole thing and I just buy the base version off Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged for just the cards and rules, as I already have several sets of Square Shooter dice, but I would be really pissed off if I pledged for the full game and it came with no box.

That's completely unacceptable. You should definitely ask for a refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Schmalz
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

I'm speechless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Well, they said ShipNaked and you got ShipNaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked up Wok Star today only to see GS is doing a KS for it, and it looks to be failing. Sad because I would like it to be in print, but maybe people are catching on to how bad GS is at KS games outside of Keyflower related items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not respect Game Salutes business practices regarding Kickstarter or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute: A Cautionary Tale

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not that simple for me as the cost of returning it may outweigh the refund I am getting if any. Why couldn't GS ask if I want to accept the rewards and get a refund if I choose not to get the rewards, instead of sending it out and then ask if I want a refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jrtolf wrote:

It's not that I didn't read it. I backed it despite the comments there thinking that maybe it will pull up its socks. Now I know better. It is capable of going lower. God knows how much lower it is aiming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... no box? Even James Ernest managed a white envelope with printing at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angatheart wrote:
Why couldn't GS ask if I want to accept the rewards and get a refund if I choose not to get the rewards, instead of sending it out and then ask if I want a refund.

Because if they asked first it would mean they cared about their customer's opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they ship it to you in a box?? If so, that would be highly ironic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about this. If the backers can reach a consensus regarding the box size, I can offer to layout a design for a DIY box.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
Did they ship it to you in a box?? If so, that would be highly ironic.

The ironic answer is yes. They shipped a game without a box in a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth G
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This whole story is absolutely disgusting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
matthean wrote:
Looked up Wok Star today only to see GS is doing a KS for it, and it looks to be failing. Sad because I would like it to be in print, but maybe people are catching on to how bad GS is at KS games outside of Keyflower related items.

Alien Frontier has generally worked out as well. There's the usual/expected delays, but so far everything has been delivered and in good shape. We'll see what happens w/ the "Big Box" that is expected next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

What's sad is backing a project and getting shafted by the creator.

Anyway, WK made $72K, so we should see it in stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
matthean wrote:

Alien Frontier has generally worked out as well. There's the usual/expected delays, but so far everything has been delivered and in good shape. We'll see what happens w/ the "Big Box" that is expected next year.

Except the Alien Frontiers: Rocket Dice right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D F Visker
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Amicis Inimicis Promptus
Quote:
Creator Game Salute 4 days ago:

Hello everyone - you have received the boxes you got in the mail as this game will not be receiving a retail release. In the end we made only a handful of copies of the game, enough to cover the backer pledges and a few more to be passed out to reviewers in a bid to hopefully stir up some interest in doing a new run of 9SQD. The funds raised were not enough to include printing boxes to the quality we'd demand in such small numbers. Should you wish to return the game to us, please do so and we will organise a refund for any of you who are dissatisfied.

I've read this in the comments section of the kickstarter.

Wauw, just wauw...

I have backed the 2nd edition of Poseidons Kingdom with Game Salute. They'd better deliver it in a nice box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Visio wrote:
Quote:
Creator Game Salute 4 days ago:

Hello everyone - you have received the boxes you got in the mail as this game will not be receiving a retail release. In the end we made only a handful of copies of the game, enough to cover the backer pledges and a few more to be passed out to reviewers in a bid to hopefully stir up some interest in doing a new run of 9SQD. The funds raised were not enough to include printing boxes to the quality we'd demand in such small numbers. Should you wish to return the game to us, please do so and we will organise a refund for any of you who are dissatisfied.

I've read this in the comments section of the kickstarter.

Wauw, just wauw...

I have backed the 2nd edition of Poseidons Kingdom with Game Salute. They'd better deliver it in a nice box...

I've not backed any game salute games, but have read through the many complaints people had, from late delivery to the items not up to standard etc.

at least for those there were attempts to justify the mistakes made... but this is just.... gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.squareshooters.com/contact-us.html

Drop the creators of the base game a message and let them know how unhappy you are about what Game Salute did with their game.

Perhaps they will put pressure on Game Salute to do the right thing and make us some frigging game boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Jones
United States
Hurricane
Utah
flag msg tools
Geekmail Michael at Gamesalute a note and let him know politely what happened.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Game%20Salute

Even though you had a bad experience, Gamesalute is changing and Michael is a nice guy and I'm sure they will make it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly Cupcakes
msg tools
angatheart wrote:
It's not that simple for me as the cost of returning it may outweigh the refund I am getting if any. Why couldn't GS ask if I want to accept the rewards and get a refund if I choose not to get the rewards, instead of sending it out and then ask if I want a refund.

Did the second game show up? "Ambush"

Honestly, I'd maybe consider complaining directly to kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bennett
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Wow... no box? Even James Ernest managed a white envelope with printing at least.

Hey! James Ernest's Cheapass Games has been back in business for several years with six successful kickstarter campaigns (five delivered in a reasonable amount of time, current project ahead of schedule.) And all of his kickstarted games come in decent full-color boxes. Some of the white envelope games are still available, though, so I do see your point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly Cupcakes
msg tools
I just re-read the kickstarter page.

"Yup, that's right, there are actually TWO games in this box."

Since they intended a box, they are toting the line of acting in bad faith.

If the box wasn't automatically included in the base price of the kickstarter, it should have been a stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.