Shogun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phase: Planning personal actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Mersch
Belgium
Dilbeek
flag msg tools
Is it obliged to cover every action on the personal action board if you have enough province cards to do that?

If a player decides that a certain action is not useful to him, is he obliged to cover the complete personal action card if he has enough province cards to do that.

In other words, can a player decide not to plan an action because according to the action sequence he sees that he will not have enough money to perform these actions.

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Mersch
Belgium
Dilbeek
flag msg tools
I found the answer myself in the rulebook.

If a player don't want to perform an action in his kingdom, he places a "money" card on this particular action, not taking into account the amount of money icons on the card.

So ..... I say to myself: read the fucking manual ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick nichols
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do the same thing al the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
more importantly...i think...is that if u do place a province card on your action board, u MUST do that action if u can. this makes planning even more difficult...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is still some vagueness in the rulebook.

Example:

The first 5 visible actions are: Build Temple, Deploy 1 and move, Build Theater, Build Castle, and Deploy 3

I have 6 Provinces and 3 war chests (damn that infernal tower!)

The 'High-Point' province: contains all 3 building types and is in a region with no other buildings.
The 'Rich' Province: 6 armies and returns max gold
The 'Fertile' Province: 4 armies and returns max rice
3 mediocre provinces: 2 armies each, nothing special.

My utmost desire is to do the "deploy 5" action on my High-Point provice to reinforce it. I do not want to do any of the first 5 actions. Any one of them will cost me war chests which will prevent me from buying the armies I need unless Raise Taxes comes before Deploy 5.

All 5 bid cards cover these 5 actions and I place a province on the bid space.

I now have 5 province cards and 5 actions:

Deploy 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.