Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope someone can help me understand this situation, because my tiny pea brain is struggling to comprehend it.

Some of the villain cards have a special power that says something like "Discard this card to make your defense rating 4." But if you discard the Lead Villain, aren't you forfeiting??

I could sort of understand if it was a suicide move, like you were making your attack rating or outwit rating really high so you could strike a KO before going out, but why boost your defense just before discarding the Lead Villain?

Someone please show me where my logic has failed here!! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
You don't use the backup effect of the lead villain! You are either playing a card for the villian, or for the backup effect - not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see! Thank you for the clarification. My understanding of Backup Effects was not complete. Now it makes perfect sense that other players (or even the player with the Lead Villain) would discard these cards to harm the hero during combat. Got it! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lynch
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
The ability on the bottom of the villain cards is not for when they are the lead villain. It can only be used when the card is played as a back up effect for the lead villian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, villains don't REALLY have Surprise Attacks. You have to pay for the card with Trouble and then the villain player will use it during the battle at his discretion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.